jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Age of a hubber

1. prasadjain profile image21
    prasadjainposted 5 years ago

My son Akshara ( which means writng alphabet, in sanskrit)wants to write on hubpages. He says he would do writing for me.But i am interested to see his writings published in his own name. He is just 14 in age. Whether rules permit him to register as a hubber and write hubs?

1. Mikeydoes profile image81
      Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've read on forums that you have to be 18, although I am not sure since I am not effected by it.

2. 0
      cookingdivaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

While I do not know HP stance on age, I want to just say, you must be proud of your son, at age of 14 he is caring son and good writer!

Why don't you start free blogs on bloggers, I have seen 13 years blogger write in it, so it might work. Double check all policy before you do, though. Good luck.

3. saleheensblog profile image60
      saleheensblogposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Rules : 18 years minimum

But who is going to check it at your home? HP doesn't partner with FBI and I have real proves of it though I am not going to tell you the truth wink Don't tell me to suggest you to open an account for him hiding his age wink lol

2. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

here is what it says in terms of service:

Only adults (18 years and over) may register for an Author account.  You are responsible for any and all activities occurring or content that is posted under Your account

if you want to include some of his writing in a hub, I'm sure this is fine. In one of my hubs, I include writing from one of my sons and give him credit, but the hub is written by me and his section is only part of the hub's content, and I asked him first if he cared if I shared something he wrote as a young student.

3. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

Mikeydoes is correct - minimum age is 18.

4. jokeapptv profile image60
    jokeapptvposted 5 years ago

yep most stuff is online.

5. lindajot profile image83
    lindajotposted 5 years ago

Very cool he wants to write too - something great to share

6. prasadjain profile image21
    prasadjainposted 5 years ago

Thanks to you all. I don't want to break a rule. I have suggested my son to wait four more years to become a hubber.But I have also suggested him to publish his articles in print media.