jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Mesure of Success At Hubpages

1. 0
    cookingdivaposted 5 years ago

I have noticed that some people are pretty active on hubpage writing and community while others take much needed break.

That got me thinking, does any hubber, who is successful, (meaning has 1. big readership and 2. making money) without being active in commenting, forum and other answers and questions within the HP?

I know these successful people will not see this question if they are not active on forum so those of you think you the answer, curious minds want to know.

Thank you.

1. 0
      cookingdivaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

1. darkside profile image84
        darksideposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I suggest you wait longer than 30 minutes before getting impatient about replies.

Like give it 24 hours.

1. 0

Next time for sure.

2. SunSeven profile image60
    SunSevenposted 5 years ago

I do not comment much. smile

1. 0

Does your hub suffer because of it?

3. Pandoras Box profile image83
    Pandoras Boxposted 5 years ago

My best performing HP account is one I never use for forums. I also haven't used it much at all for commenting on other peoples' hubs or anything else, other than publishing.

It's highly questionable whether or not the amount of time spent trying to build an HP following is worth the benefits it reaps. HP traffic doesn't convert into anything other than a great deal of meaningless comments, a super-high hub score and possibly a temporary 'front page' feature.

None of which really seems to be worth all of the time spent, IMHO.

That said I wouldn't say I have any sort of regular readership on that account either, maybe 10 followers, who I do not believe followed because they were eager to read more, lol.

But I do get very nice outside traffic, which converts very reliably.

You needn't be friendly to do well here, and you're probably better off productivity and money -wise spending all that time writing more hubs. But I reckon alot of us -working from home- appreciate a bit of friendly chat.

1. 0

Pandoras Box,

Thank you so much for detailed and honest answer. I somehow figured that but I was not sure.