jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Traffic slowly falling

1. minatoku profile image72
    minatokuposted 5 years ago

Despite writing more hubs my traffic is has actually been getting worse and worse this month. Holiday season lows? Post holiday season people will be back to their computers. Of course the nice thing is that despite low traffic, I've been getting slightly higher click rates. Just curious if this is the usual trend for most people.

1. Maria Cecilia profile image82
      Maria Ceciliaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

me too, after fulfilling my 30 hubs in 30 days challenge, some of the traffic started to fall but I notice the changes were so fast I mean, topics are interchanging places.... some are rising, some aare falling....

aside from writing you might need to participate in the forum too....

1. shazwellyn profile image84
        shazwellynposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Traffic doesnt really have much to do with forum participation.  Hubpages participants dont generally click on ads and it is this that is important if you are here to generate an income.

Check your traffic sources in anaylitics - if you have a high search engine percentage, then you should be happy with that.

Traffic dropping might have something to do with seasonal.  Traffic tends to increase when people are working and, during the weekend, tend to drop.  Ask anyone on here who has been here for any length of time, they will tell you the same. 

Much of my traffic comes from the USA, so my traffic never starts to increase on a daily basis until about 2pm in GMT - except weekends.

Hope this helps smile

1. Maria Cecilia profile image82
          Maria Ceciliaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

oh I see,  that enlightened me thanks

2. 0
          TopUniverseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

How long this will last starting from 2pm GMT?

2. xixi12 profile image86
      xixi12posted 5 years ago in reply to this

It happens right about this time. Holiday sales hubs do better during the holidays because everyone is focussed on buying presents about about now. The trick is to build hubs around the celebration season to pull traffic that will divert to other hubs you have written

1. rodrigur2 profile image62
        rodrigur2posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for writing this post, its very helpful. I didnt realize that a vast majority people will be looking for posts centered around the holidays during this time of the year.

2. Ign Andy profile image60
    Ign Andyposted 5 years ago

The first few days traffic mostly from hubpages: generally drives from hub hopping and followers. It will normalized (falling) until search engine pick up, especially if you choose low competition keywords.

There are a few exceptions such as season products/topics, as shazwellyn mentions.