jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How many sites to baclink hubs?

1. sid_candid profile image60
    sid_candidposted 5 years ago

How many sites do you backlink in and which are your best traffic generating ones?

1. saleheensblog profile image59
      saleheensblogposted 5 years ago

i don't backlink at all smile

2. wilderness profile image97
      wildernessposted 5 years ago

As noted above, I don't backlink my hubs but for one each hub at Xomba.  I will likely stop doing that, too, as I find very little value to it.

3. Pcunix profile image89
      Pcunixposted 5 years ago

If I remember right, Sid asked a similar question some time back and a number of people said they don't do back linking.

Sid apparently wants to go in another direction and that's fine, but here is what I beg of him:

If you insist upon going the back linking route, please go read the articles in the Learning Center AND  the hubs of Misha which deal with this subject intelligently. If you just go off uninformed, you run the risk of getting yourself banned and/or damaging HP's reputation.

I don't like excessive back linking. I personally think it damages the Internet, but this is only an opinion, so if Sid wants to go throw a thousand links out there, so be it. But learn to do it intelligently.

By the way, seven days ago I made the same recommendation but accidentally got myself banned because, taken out of context, it looked like I was attacking Misha rather than saying that the person should go learn from him.

I found that amusing - probably the first tine someone got banned when they actually were being nice. But I don't blame the admins - they don't have time to read for context and when I re-read what I wrote, I could see how they could easily  misinterpret.

So, if you MUST do excessive back linking, please learn to do so without getting anyone mad at you.

4. SteveoMc profile image90
      SteveoMcposted 5 years ago

I think back links can be extremely helpful, however, I use them sparingly and mainly to give other communities like forums the opportunity to visit my hubs.   I do not indiscriminately back link, I like to post a link when it would be helpful.  There are a variety of forums that I like to stay fairly active in and these generate a fair amount of traffic.