jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

A new hubber with over rated promotional hubs ;what a challlenge

1. 123chri123 profile image41
    123chri123posted 5 years ago

Please,can anyone help me out;I started newly and most of my hubs have been marked over rated.How do I overcome this challenge and How do I get page view.
      Your comments) will be highly appreciated.

1. 0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 5 years ago in reply to this

There are several skills that are combined together in order to do this. They can all be learnt over a period of time.

1) Write strong, concise copy for the web. That generally means AP style that is optimised for the web.

2) Chose topics that people will google but doesn't have strong competition. You will generally need a tool like Google Keywords to find those topics.

3) You probably do have page views because when you write it automatically is published on HP and when hubbers 'hop', then the latest hubs come up. However, unless something catches someone's attention, they wll probably hop right over. Different things catch the attention of different people.

4) The most important thing is to give solid, helpful information. Opinions don't go far.if one is just starting out.

5)Write grammatically and have the page look attracive.

2. Susana S profile image92
    Susana Sposted 5 years ago

You are only allowed a maximum of 2 links to the same site from one hub. Also you are not allowed to link out to the same website across all (or a large majority of) your hubs. Remove some outgoing links and your hubs will no longer be flagged as overly promotional.

3. Shadesbreath profile image88
    Shadesbreathposted 5 years ago

I only read two of them (the herbal ones about HIV) and you have huge chunks of the same report that appears to be copied content from the original source of the medical study.  If it is as it appears, you're going to get dinged for duplicate content, not just from where you took it from, but from reusing it in more than one hub.

Also, you need pictures and stuff mixed in. A massive scroll of text, especially all full of medical statistics and stuff is not going to pull any readers, and I doubt too many people will be doing Google searches for those technical terms (and if they are, they won't be reading a HubPage article for it, they'll go to an academic or peer reviewed source).

Here's the bottom line: If you want to do well at HP, you have to write for readers. You can't write (or copy and paste stuff) just for getting page views.  You have to write something that YOU care about in such a way that OTHER people can tell you actually wrote it because it matters, or at the very least, they can tell that you took the time to process useful information and put it together neatly and in a way to make it digestible.  Readers are smart, and they know when something is written TO them rather than AT them.

4. creativeone59 profile image45
    creativeone59posted 5 years ago

Alaways write about what you know, and write it from the heart and mean what you say. Godspeed. creaativeone59