jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Amazon Associates Program Question

1. wsupaul88 profile image88
    wsupaul88posted 5 years ago

Does anyone make money using this method? If so how much? Do you use specific items that you think will sell well on your Hubs? Or do you use the automatic product finder using key words, which one works better?

1. Susana S profile image93
      Susana Sposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Lots of people make money here with amazon. How much? Anything between a few dollars per month to thousands - I'm kinda in the middle I guess, though working towards the thousands tongue

I usually select specific items that have high customer ratings, but I do use the keyword option sometimes. I've also found over time that certain products sell much better than others, it's a bit of trial and error finding out what will sell.

It does take a different kind of writing to create sales copy, but it's well worth learning and practising. I wrote a hub about my amazon experiences and what I've learned over my time at HP if you fancy it smile

2. yenajeon profile image83
    yenajeonposted 5 years ago

Hi wsu! I recently started using Amazon capsules and I can tell you that yes, you have to research what items are "hot" right now. And I NEVER use the automatic product finder: it never gives me the products I want. Plus with fashion items, I like to pick out items I know women would love to wear!

1. wsupaul88 profile image88
      wsupaul88posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the advice Michigan! From your Hubs I see you have great style!

3. wilderness profile image97
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

I began writing just a few sales hubs a few months ago, but they never did anything, averaging less than $10 a month.

Then came the holidays, and over Thanksgiving to Christmas I brought in over $200!  It's kind of galvanized me - shown what is possible. 

I opened a second account on HP and have written over a dozen sales hubs, and even with a brand new account have already seen a couple of sales in an otherwise very slow month.

I think it's worth the effort, although they won't be evergreen hubs.  After a couple of years most will die off or the products change to the "new improved" version.  Still, it's worth it.