jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

How to choose a Hub address for my first article

1. LegalEyeGirl profile image59
    LegalEyeGirlposted 5 years ago

I do not understand the process here. The questions I have are not answered and I do not want to start until I know the basics.  Something as simple as picking out an address on the Hub is not clearly explained- isn't there a way of getting point blank answers here?  I have not been able to begin.  If this was Twitter or Facebook, I could simply ask a friend.  Kris

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

Nah, poor you! You don't have to choose an address. Once you type in a suitable title for your hub, an address (URL) will be generated for you automatically.

1. LegalEyeGirl profile image59
      LegalEyeGirlposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for taking the time to answer me.
      Now I have a ton of other questions- where
      do you think I can get my questions answered
      most easily?  How did you get started?
      Any info that you feel is useful will be great.
      Thanks again- Kris

1. 0
        Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Glad to help, and welcome to HubPages! The Learning Center and FAQs are primary resources.

You can always start a new topic in the Help forum. If you have any questions right now, feel free to ask them here, and I will try to answer.

How I got started? I read a lot, actually I learned by helping others, so I may not be the most typical example.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image88
        Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I asked a few questions, but I learned most by doing.
        After you read the help and FAQs... you hit the "start a new hub" link and it takes you through the process step-by-step. If you make a 'mistake' or change your mind, you can always edit, go back, delete, or start over. It is pretty intuitive.

3. 2uesday profile image89
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

Hi LegalEyeGirl, at the top of this page where it says help - that is really a FAQ button click it and it will cover the basic questions and answers. Scrolling down to the bottom of the page you will find there is a link to the learning center which gives you lots of helpful info.

Lots of people find these hard to find at the start, I did when I signed up. Good luck with your writing here.

BTW. The you will find hubs are quite easy to put together because of the capsule system. Some of the experienced Hubbers also write great hubs about how to hub.

If when you put your title into the new hub you want the URL (address) to be different to the title then alter it before you go onto the next screen; as it is one of the few things you cannot alter by editing in the future.