jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Helping a fellow hubber

1. justom profile image50
    justomposted 5 years ago

A few weeks ago I was followed and started following a girl from China who did some beautiful hubs. She was having trouble publishing some of her hubs and requested my help. Now for some reason she doesn't show up as my follower nor does she show up in my list of who I'm following. This is very confusing and I would appreciate any help figuring it out. guangjiewang is her moniker, if that helps. Help me help her, thanks!  Tom

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

Most likely the user has been banned. Either that or closed her account.

3. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 5 years ago

If she was banned, her account would show and it would say so.  If you do a search for her user name, there's no record of it on the site, so clearly she's had her account deleted.

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That all depends on the search method. A direct link to the banned member would work, leading to the profile page with that message on it. I disagree that a banned member shows up in search results. A banned member also disappears from the followers' list.

justomposted 5 years ago in reply to this

In her e-mails she doesn't say she's been banned. I actually saw some of her hub and they were about Chinese art and some history of dresses in China. She's asked for my help but since I can no longer find her hubs I don't know what I can do. Who would ban her for those kind of hubs? It just makes no sense.  Is there someone on HP that I could contact directly?

1. To Start Again profile image84
          To Start Againposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't know that anyone at HP HQ could tell you the details behind a person's leaving. They may be able to tell you whether they are wtill a part of the site or not but it might be a privacy thing. If a user disappears from your followers lists, she isn't here anymore for wahtever reason. If you have her email address, why don't u just email her and ask? If she is having questions about why she cannot acess the site, too. then have her email HP help.

I have tried to ask her and she seems clueless. She is Chinese and her English is I think still a bit shaky. She didn't actually leave something seems to be preventing her from publishing hubs. While some of her hubs were published others she was doing were not then the whole thing just got lost. She really wants to do hubs and I'm going to male every effort to try to help her.

4. 0

Sometimes, members get banned for repeatedly resubmitting hubs that need moderation, without having revised them properly. Also, I have the sense that a member could get banned if the moderators find that the hubs are substandard across the board, e.g. due to illegible English.

You can certainly contact HubPages to inquire; whether they will be helpful remains to be seen.

5. jubiladay profile image67
    jubiladayposted 5 years ago
  6. 0

Good work, Jubiladay! Contrary to Relache, it was my main theory that guangjiewang has been banned. The reason is that I have recently been helping another Hubber in a very similar situation.

Thanks to everyone for your help. I'll continue to try to help her through.