jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

Life after hubpages???

1. kev8 profile image74
    kev8posted 5 years ago

Does anyone have any suggestions about other ways to earn money online? Something that maybe a step up from hubbing and maybe a bit more lucrative.

1. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I do well self publishing books.  It's not as much money as I make from Google, but it was definitely worth the effort - over $3,000 earned so far  (started November 2008) and the orders still come regularly.

2. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 5 years ago

Have got your own websites? Mine are far more lucrative than HP - not to say that HP is insignificant.

1. lrohner profile image83
      lrohnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey, love your new avatar!

2. kev8 profile image74
      kev8posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for getting back to me. I am studying web development at the moment so maybe affiliate marketing through websites could be my best bet. I have a couple of websites but their performance is up and down.

Can you recommend some where to learn about how to make good affiliate websites?I have used affilorama a bit but feel they are constantly trying to sell me something so it gets annoying.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

E-books...write ebooks and publish them through Amazon or Smashbooks. I am definitely going to try and put an ebook together.

You could apply for other writing sites that pay upfront like Internet Brands, Bright Hub or Demand Studios.

You could sign up for sites such as ODesk and get freelance work.

1. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You definitely should. I sell almost exclusively through my web site though, not Amazon.

4. Mighty Mom profile image92
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

I highly recommend oDesk -- lots of work and the pay is steady.
    If you're interested feel free to contact me for info and I can send you an invitation to sign up. MM

1. laila khalid profile image60
      laila khalidposted 5 years ago in reply to this

hi can i please get some information about this site...im currently an undergraduate student and trying to make some tuition...it would be great if you could help me out...thnx smile

5. kev8 profile image74
    kev8posted 5 years ago

Thanks all for taking the time to reply to me. I think I will give the website idea a go as I am studying web design!I might check out Odesk as well.

6. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 5 years ago

Honestly the best way to learn about affiliate marketing is the school of hard knocks. Make a site and then tweak it until it sells something, then tweak it until it sells a lot.

I've been making a living online for 10 years and that's the best way to learn. Then you know fact from guru fiction and what works for your style. There's a great deal of misinformation online about "How to Make Money Online."

The best advice I can give you is to read the Terms of Service for every program you participate in and don't violate the rules. Affiliate managers hate that and you'll get a bad rep in the world. You might not get into some great programs.

7. BMG profile image61
    BMGposted 5 years ago

just keep try whatever you feel better and don't give up easily.....everything need sacrifice before satisfaction...hubpages is the best site to learn make money..