jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

I am such a newbie

1. TaxNerd profile image84
    TaxNerdposted 5 years ago

I keep hitting "refresh" on my stats page. I dream of hubs and hits. Tomorrow begins the weekend. I fear my infatuation will become a full-on obssession.

1. OpenConnect profile image68
      OpenConnectposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes...it's true...Hubpages can definitely become an obsession.  However, don't worry nor focus too much on traffic when you start out.  It takes time.  You need to really just become part of the community.  Continue to post great hubs, interact with other members, rate hubs, etc.  Everyone is a pretty happy bunch as long as you're willing to help others out and weed out the spam.

2. Let Me Help You profile image60
      Let Me Help Youposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I joined two weeks ago, look for the popular things that are on the rise and write hubs on the frequently questions asked about them. I created two hubs on the facebook game CityVille that has millions of fans from all over the worlds and look at them, they are getting views without any hassles. I'm neither refreshing nor advertising.

I learned this from my profession "SEO writing". If you want me to write an hub on it then ask me the same question. My hub is based on hubbers' question. I decided to answer them by making hubs and guiding the hubber with simple steps and screenshots.

Nayab S.

3. To Start Again profile image84
      To Start Againposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to the madness my friend smile

Views really are all about being seen. Your traffic from here will pick up the more active you are within the community. The forums are a great place to start as well as commenting on others' hubs.

If you are interested in getting outside traffic, focus on your SEO and do some backlinking. As stated before, the traffic will pick up with time.

If you write it, they will come... cool

2. mdlawyer profile image62
    mdlawyerposted 5 years ago

Create quality hubs, learn SEO and related things and develop gradually.