jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

low priority, not-a-big-deal fyi to HP

1. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

Is HP aware of this?

Ad on Yahoo first page near bottom when "hubpages" is the search word:

--- start ---

HubPages: Writers Needed
    $15/article. Steady work. Full support. Hiring now. Writers needed.
    Freedom With Writing . com

--- end ---

I did not go there to check further because I thought it might be some kind of bait.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Interesting.... lol

3. rebekahELLE profile image89
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

Is it a true sponsored HP ad or someone writing for HP hiring writers? I'm sure there are hubbers here who hire writers.

who knows..

1. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You would be right. I think Misha has accepted writing from other people he has wanted to write articles for him. It would be better if Misha would confirm it though. wink

1. Misha profile image76
        Mishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sure I did. Some of my hubs were written by other well known hubbers, some by total strangers, some by myself. smile

1. Cagsil profile image60
          Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Misha for confirming what I said. I was pretty sure I had read it somewhere once before, but do appreciate your post. smile

2. paradigmsearch profile image85
      paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If it’s a legit and honest ad, then I think they are going to hit their writer quota limit very fast now... I’d be fine with that. smile

HP sponsored or independent, either way; nobody would pay $15 to have junk posted here. The more quality articles the better.

4. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

I saw that a few weeks ago. It takes you to some site offering to (if I remember correctly) to teach you how to make money online or something like that. Nothing to do with HP at all.

5. Aficionada profile image92
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

I know that there definitely are successful Hubbers who pay others to write for them, but I'm not sure where (or whether) they would advertise.

1. paradigmsearch profile image85
      paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If they are willing to pay for writers, then I’m guessing they are willing to pay for advertising. smile

2. theherbivorehippi profile image84
      theherbivorehippiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm a full time freelance writer on Elance and there are ALWAYS projects posted for Hubpages and Squidoo.  I actually did a job about a year ago that I just assumed were content for a web page and have stumbled across them on here.

6. paradigmsearch profile image85

Hmmm. I'm going to do a whois and send them an invoice. lol

7. paradigmsearch profile image85

I didn't know that it was legal to use another's company name like that.

working