jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Follow Me - All about helping young hubbers

1. Ben_Anderson profile image61
    Ben_Andersonposted 5 years ago

Hi there I'm Ben, fairly new to hubpages and really excited to be here. I love to write about home and lifestyle, how to's and anything out of the ordinary. 

The purpose of this forum post is to help young hubbers get followers and maybe when they publish their first few hubs to receive a few comments and therefore encourage them to write more, better hubs having taken in the feedback from other hubbers.

Even 1 or 2 comments are enough to achieve that feeling "Hey, people are actually reading my work!" Be it positive or negative feedback I would just like to help young hubbers to get the ball rolling and building their readership.

Having said that, this is NOT a forum to promote your hubs. It is simply to start a small readership, and strive to expand it in the future.

So, what do I want you to do? - Post your interests, the type of hubs you write (e.g: relationships, dating, business, home and lifestyle) so other hubbers if they share the same interests as you, can follow your work, and purhaps leave a comment.

If you're unsure what I mean, please refer to the top paragraph of this post.

All the Best,

1. recommend1 profile image70
      recommend1posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Welcome Ben - although all the things you mention already exist within the HP package.  Although I do admire your boy-scout enthusiasm big_smile

1. Ben_Anderson profile image61
        Ben_Andersonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol, thank you Recommend 1

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

Hi Ben and welcome to the site!

There are a special group of members called the Hubgreeters who strive to welcome new members to the site by commenting on their hubs, following them etc. (http://hubpages.com/hub/What-is-a-HubGreeter)

You'll find that the more hubs you write, and the more you interact on the site, the more comments and followers you'll get. When you publish a new hub, it gets displayed on the site in the new hubs section in various areas (hubs list, categories, main page for category followers etc.)

However if you're here for traffic and money - you won't find it from other Hubpages members. High traffic comes from search engines, including Google in particular. I currently average 600 views a day (used to be 1200 before latest Google update) and only about 5% of those are from other members - the rest are from search engines.

1. habee profile image91
      habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ditto. Hi, Wry!

And welcome to you, Ben! BTW, I'm not an official greeter, but I'm a Southerner and must keep up the image of Southern hospitality. lol

3. Joy56 profile image60
    Joy56posted 5 years ago

so you mean young as in only been here a short time, rather than the age group???? just wanted to clarify

1. Pearldiver profile image86
      Pearldiverposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Nub(ile) and perky Joy! big_smile

He is a KIWI and writes well, so he has come a long way to get here smile

4. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages and the Forums! smile

5. C-Bless profile image60
    C-Blessposted 5 years ago

From one newbie to another ... WELCOME. Hope you enjoy your stay!

6. Ben_Anderson profile image61
    Ben_Andersonposted 5 years ago

Thank you everyone for your comments and a BIG WARM WELCOME smile

I apologize for the late reply, my hands were full and my feel are still very much rooted to the ground.

Wrylilt, thanks for the link - I am after a wide readership more than earning on hubpages at the moment, but of course, I wouldn't mind the financial help either wink