Hubs that made you cry

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Spirit Whisperer profile image73
    Spirit Whispererposted 12 years ago

There have been a number of hubs that touched me so much that I was moved to tears. It is not something that often happens and I am not a person to cry at the drop of a hat. The story has got to be pretty special to make me cry.

Terry.Hirneisen wrote a very special story about his dog General that made me cry.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/My-Friend-General

Please leave a link to a hub that made you cry.

1. bellawritter23 profile image76
      bellawritter23posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hubber is: Eiddwen

and this is the hub:

http://hubpages.com/hub/REACH-UP-AND-OUT-OF-DARKNESS

Spirit Whispererposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I see what you mean.

2. profile image0
      BRIAN SLATERposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Can't say I have read any hubs that have made me cry although in the early days before I got some much needed help, I used to re-read my hubs and really felt like crying.lol

What do you mean when you say "much needed help"? Did you check into rehab?

1. profile image0

No I sought out helpful advice from other hubbers, it takes time to get things right, from where you start to earn some money which was my main reason for writing.
          My motivation has always been good, except for the past couple of months since Panda. But I have still been doing some work towards future projects.

Hi Brian I hope you were not offended by my flippant remark I was just joking.
            Though I did initially join HubPages with the idea to promote my private practice that is definitely not my prime motivation any more. I don't see anything wrong with trying to make money as a writer but I just prefer to write what I want when I want without worrying about keywords, seo etc. I love reading hubs about things that interest me and I have learned a lot from the feedback I have received from the people who read my stuff.

1. profile image0

no offense taken, just clarifying my position. smile

Enjoying your writing is very important, I'm sure you will be back before long. Sometimes having a break is the best thing to do. You can do other stuff and recharge your batteries and have a fresh approach.

One idea that I have is to keep a note pad close to me at all times and jog anything down that you find amusing or interesting or want to find out more about. Look back at the end of the week and see if there's a potential hub there to write about.

Good luck to you. smile

I haven't stopped writing I am just not motivated by money to do so.

The notepad idea is a good one but I usually ask my dream before going to sleep or wait for inspiration. I usually get the urge to write once or twice a week and I am happy with that.

2. Cardisa profile image88
    Cardisaposted 12 years ago

This one did because I can relate.

http://hubpages.com/hub/There-was-a-girl

I wasn't expecting this but I am glad you pointed me in this direction. I have left a comment on her hub. Thank you Cardisa you too are very brave for sending me this link. .

1. profile image0
        kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

thank you so so much you both validate that I am okay

bless

kimberly

As a result of reading your story I will definitely be reading more of your hubs. Thank you for sharing your very personal  story. My wife has just read it and she too will be responding later.

1. profile image0
            kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

3. Spirit Whisperer profile image73
    Spirit Whispererposted 12 years ago

I haven't taken a break I am still writing but not motivated by making money. I wait till I receive inspiration and that usually happens once or twice a week and I wake up with what I want to write. The pad idea sounds good too but please have a go at asking your dream to tell you what to write about before you go to sleep at night and see what you wake up with in the morning. let me know what happens.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)