jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Annoyance with writers in your specialized area

1. CyclingFitness profile image92
    CyclingFitnessposted 5 years ago

Does anyone else read articles people have written within their specific area and think 'what a load of rubbish'

I've seen a number of high hub score articles on hubpages which are absolutely shocking advice and information. However these hubs often may have a high hubscore

I know we can rate down a hub- however if someone has a lot of devoted followers this one black mark must mean very little.

Does anyone else feel annoyance with this?

1. theherbivorehippi profile image83
      theherbivorehippiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I feel very annoyed with this. Being a vegan, I want to literally choke the people that write some of these poorly written and often incorrect hubs on the topic. Most even clearly admit that they aren't one however....for whatever reason, they feel qualified to write a hub about the subject.

2. Aficionada profile image94
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

But in my case, the rubbish is not likely to have an impact on anyone's health and well-being. smile

Once I saw a forum thread or a Hub (I forget which) about weight-lifting, which apparently had some bad advice mixed in with some that was okay or neutral.  One poster finally started naming off his credentials to let everyone else know he was worth listening to.  It was an educational thread!

It wouldn't hurt to post comments on hubs, disagreeing with what they have to say.  It doesn't have to be done in a rude way; it can be authoritative and useful.  Then, people who read the comments can see yours, and they will probably look at your hubs to see what you have to say about the subject.

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image91
      PaulGoodman67posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree, although the hubber has the option of denying them.  I have had that happen.   So I wouldn't spend too much time on comments.  Someone who's put up false info often won't want you undermining them, even in a polite way.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image61
        MelissaBarrettposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I had one chick literally ream me for an article I did on herbalism.  I assume she was an herbalist herself-but simply had a different opinion of things than I did.  I left it up and responded with my reasoning.  Those of use that do have a background and are attacked will respond.

3. PaulGoodman67 profile image91
    PaulGoodman67posted 5 years ago

Yes, it is annoying when the info's wrong.  It's also annoying when you click on the link and there's just three flimsy paragraphs, written in such a vague way that you know the writer has no idea what they are writing about, so they are trying hard to avoid saying anything at all.  Total time waster.

4. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 5 years ago

I see my automotive hubs backed by a lifetime of hands on knowledge beaten in google by half a dozen keywords strung together providing no information of any use to anyone who has  seen a car before! lol

So much for Google finding the best match for searches! lol

5. rebekahELLE profile image90
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

I don't think I find it annoying as much as I find it disappointing. There are writers who simply don't care if their information could be very bad advice to a reader. As long as it's a high paying keyword, they don't care. I've seen articles giving advice with absolutely no medical references or disclaimers. They don't leave authority links because they don't want a reader to leave their page. It makes me sick. But on the other hand, it's the internet and I don't see it changing unless stricter policies are put in place, which is not likely to happen.