jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

Is this hub too short?

1. JiveTalkinRobot profile image61
    JiveTalkinRobotposted 5 years ago

Per the advice of another hubber, I decided to post my second hub on here to receive some constructive criticism and improve my hubbing skills. 

I look forward to your help!

http://jivetalkinrobot.hubpages.com/hub … ton-Prices

1. vox vocis profile image93
      vox vocisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's interesting to see your hub ranking #2 for the keywords "blame cotton prices" smile Still, people would probabaly search for "cotton prices" without "blame" (this doesn't mean you should change the title though).

You could expand the hub (at least a little) and my suggestion is to evaluate your competition, see what they have to say and try to add something they omitted smile A little research won't harm you...

JiveTalkinRobotposted 5 years ago in reply to this

+1, very constructive.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

For a standalone Hub, it's too short.  If it's part of a group of Hubs on similar topics which you interlink, it will be fine.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Both your hubs are too short on content.

3. JiveTalkinRobot profile image61
    JiveTalkinRobotposted 5 years ago

Any suggestions on expanding on the topic?

4. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Nope. It isn't something I would write about. Hopefully someone else can help expand on it.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image82
      Maddie Ruudposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Always helpful, Cags. tongue

JiveTalkinRobot, I actually disagree with Cags on this one.  I think your Hubs are a fine length, with good use of capsules.  Not everyone wants to read War & Peace when they come in from a Google search.

I would consider writing Hubs on related topics, however, and interlinking, if you have more to say.

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oh well, IF that is what you call quality writing Maddie, then I guess it is time for me to stop being helpful.

Good day.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image82
          Maddie Ruudposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oh, stop pouting.  I'm teasing you, of course!  It's easy to criticize, but less so to offer constructive feedback for improvement.  Simply saying that something is too short or not interesting is completely useless feedback.  You're a smarty pants.  You know this.  You're just being facetious. tongue

1. Cagsil profile image60
            Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm not pouting.
            Interesting. I'll keep that in mind for your future posts.
            If I had something to offer, then I would have, but I guess my previous performance for helping others hasn't been noted enough.
            I didn't say it wasn't interesting. I said it wasn't something I would write about, because it doesn't interest me.
            Actually, I wasn't, but I don't expect you to know the difference.

2. JiveTalkinRobot profile image61

Thanks Maddie!

5. thooghun profile image85
    thooghunposted 5 years ago

I was left wanting more, so in a sense I feel you could expand a little, especially in terms of "who" was affected, I was genuinely curious at that point. But in terms of actual word-count -- seems just about ok.

Great - I just finished my Game of Thrones hub.  Before going onto the next, I will put some consideration on how to expand the "who."

working