jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

How to increase traffic to Hubpages?

1. mohin28 profile image60
    mohin28posted 5 years ago

I was just wondering what is the best way to drive traffic to Hubpages articles? For all you experience Hubpages users can you please guide me? Also what can i do to get more traffic from search engines?

1. vexez profile image74
      vexezposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Before you start writing a hubpage, do some keyword research on Google keyword tool to find keywords of your hub has some traffic. There's no point hoping for traffic when you write for a topic that has no traffic. - https://adwords.google.com.sg/select/Ke … olExternal

- Get good and relevant content. Content that truly benefits readers.
      - Engage in your own hub's comments.
      - Share your hub in your social bookmark, social networks, blogs, forum etc. - So call backlinking but not spam.
      - Try to link to your own hub with anchor text link.
      - Participate in the answers and forums often.

2. basaltbezel profile image73
    basaltbezelposted 5 years ago

The older an article or website gets, the more views it's likely to get. It can take several months to get good views and there have been reports of up to two years before a page really takes off; it's a long term investment.

The best two ways to get traffic are KEYWORDS and BACKLINKS.

3. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 5 years ago

I agree with what my fellow hubber says, you may also be helped by reading up stuff about SEO

You can start here in the learning center
    http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/titl … or-traffic

4. carpesomediem profile image61
    carpesomediemposted 5 years ago

In most cases, the older the article, the better it will do but if you right a hub that really hits it out of the park, it can do well within a few days to weeks.  You want to research SEO, utilize keywords and really invest in exposing your hub to get the most out of traffic in a short period of time.

5. anasshad profile image81
    anasshadposted 5 years ago

Yes article research is the most important part to get traffic. Remember you're not New York Times that people will rush to reading your article. Choose keywords which have less competition and high demand and start building a hub on that specific keyword. Then start gathering backlinks by commenting on blogs and submitting articles.

6. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image93
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

I've never once done any keyword research to speak of - I also  don't spread more than five to ten backlinks for any article of mine.

I just write about the things that I like and can put together a good article on - I don't make a hell of a lot of money, but it is picking up, and I have been paid a few times from adsens, HP ad program, and amazon - so I think that I must be doing something right.

7. GmaGoldie profile image87
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

I take a simple approach and look at the guidance provided by HP. I write a draft with some of the key words, the title and a few references found in my research, let it sit and then revisit it and review the estimated $$$$. Over time, I have started to concentrate upon the higher $. I am told by many hubbers they earn money even on the lower estimated $.

It is all about a niche and being the best you can be in your field.

My advice, whatever you do be unique. Do no follow the crowd. This the advice they give on X Factor and if you look at the successful hubbers time and time again they say they earn dollars off of only a few hubs.

Best of luck to you. You will love hub pages - it is a fantastic community.