jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Is it wise to create a squidoo lense linking to your hub?

1. John D Lee profile image89
    John D Leeposted 9 years ago

Assuming you create a unique lense with good content, and link it only to the hub you are trying to promote:

1 does it do much to build traffic?

1. does it violate any of the term of use either here or at Squidoo?

Additionally, any general advise on how to build backlinks would be very appreciated! I realize that it's the key to traffic, but other than social bookmarking sites...how?

Thank you in advance,

2. waynet profile image48
    waynetposted 9 years ago

I assume you cannot do any harm, also assuming you are not just linking to a duplicate content of either a squidoo lens or a hub or vice versa, this type of linking is especially good when you link to relevant content throughout all of your pages on different sites and blogs.

Giving honest reference to related link sources of information is what the internet is all about.

A good way even though it is quite time consuming to build backlinks is article marketing, just write an article that may help other people in the them of whatever site you are promoting and submit it to some of the top article directories, of course you will need to add your link to the site in the short author box that should be present at the bottom of all of your articles.

It's a long term technique and added with other strategies like one way linking and search engine optimization you may dominate your tiny niche in a matter of a few months.

3. John D Lee profile image89

Thanks Waynet,

What article marketing sites have you found effective?

1. waynet profile image48
      waynetposted 9 years ago in reply to this

I have found ezinearticles.com, ideamarketers.com and goarticles.com to be quite effective at building your links....

Of course you should be submitting your articles to as many article directories as you can, but the top ones are the ones at the top of a search on google for article directories, these bring slightly more traffic.

Articles if done right with well placed keywords throughout your article and title could bring in backlinks for years to come!!

4. Tim Hollis profile image60
    Tim Hollisposted 9 years ago

I use hubpages for my blogs and link to a Squidoo page to sell related t-shirts etc. Check it out. I don't link back from Squidoo because I feel it should be a one-way street to the store. I could be wrong in this as I'm still experimenting.
    I'm getting a good stream of traffic through links from other news sites such as Buzzflash, but rely on bookmarking sites for regular and sustained traffic. A lot of work but you should hit them all: del-ici-ous, Digg, Webring, etc. From those you can check their links and Google similar pages.
    Hit the 'share it' button at the bottom of your hub to get started. it's worth the effort.

5. Tim Hollis profile image60
    Tim Hollisposted 9 years ago

I just visited your site. You have good reviews there, which is cool. I suggest putting a few things up on your first page. Add photos and make the first-time visitor drool.

6. John D Lee profile image89

Thanks Waynet and Tim Hollis,

I'll try some of those article directories...I'm already using ezine, but not as much as I should be!

Tim, do you think that you can over contribute to social bookmarking sites? I've heard some people say that they are very effective, and others say that by submitting too much you can get tagged as a spam site.

7. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 9 years ago

I have linked from Squidoo to HubPages and vice versa. Providing they're hubs/lenses of a similar theme.

http://hubpages.com/hub/worlds_first_fe … ength_film
    http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl … orlds.html

I also often use Gather.

I'm currently drafting another article to do with Ned Kelly that I will publish at Gather that will link to one or more of those articles above.