jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Incorrect Flagging

1. Jenna Pope profile image61
    Jenna Popeposted 5 years ago

I have received my third warning about violating Hub's policies. 

The first warning was for swupposed "lewd content." None of my content was lewd and I notified HubPages of that. They took off the warning.

The second warning was because of another "violation" that was incorrectly posted. The HubTeam again took the warning off my article.

Today I received a warning saying that I had posted duplicate material. However, this was not the case either. I quoted a U-Tube blurb in its entirety because it directly related to my article, and there was a confusing pull-down menu that the reader had to deal with in the U-Tube blurb. So I quoted the blurb -- in quotation marks -- and attributed the quotation to its writer. This time, HubPages removed my article completely. Now I am being prevented from getting revenue from my article.

I am frustrated with these warnings I have been receiving. They are hampering my work and preventing my article from being posted.

Jenna Pope

1. wilderness profile image97
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

First, understand that flaggers cannot get your material unpublished - all a flag does is bring a hub to a moderators attention, where it may or may not be unpublished.

It sounds like the first two were errors made by the robots that look at all hubs for particular words or phrases.  These things sometimes do make mistakes, but are easily taken care of just as you did.

The third time, though, you copied material from somewhere else and put it in your hub.  This is permissible if it is clearly a quote (which you did) but only in limited amounts.  If it is a large percentage of the hub it will be unpublished as duplicate, which of course it is.  Any copied material is duplicate.

2. Jenna Pope profile image61
    Jenna Popeposted 5 years ago

It's a pretty big quote. I will just take it out and see what they say.

Thanks a bunch for responding.

Very helpful!

1. Jenna Pope profile image61
      Jenna Popeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I deleted the quote. The article is back on the site. No adsense on that article, though, and the warning label is still there.

I'll wait and see what happens.

Thanks for your help, Wilderness.