jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Can you experts advise me?

1. Gaizy profile image92
    Gaizyposted 5 years ago

I have just seen a post from a chap who told a lady that her average of 42 hits per day on her 17 hubs was below average. I have 44 active hubs and most of the time am lucky if my hits hit 15 - I am doing keywords, I ping and post to reddit,stumble,digg etc. So presumably the problem must reside in my hubs - Can someone check them out for me and let me know what I am doing wrong - http://gaizy.hubpages.com/
    Thanks in advance

1. Jaysmine profile image60
      Jaysmineposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey Galzy,

I've found that finding a niche you are interested in and doing solid keyword research will help make your hubs more popular. So will leaving relevant comments on other hubs. I tend to avoid doing outside linking back and pinging for my hubs because I find it especially boring.

What I do, do is create quality hubs that are at least 1,000 words that contain useful information, yotuube videos, and royalty free images.

I find following the flagship hub mode for my hubs is especially useful in getting good traffic to them and getting them ranking well.

Another thing to focus on in interactivity on the site. (something I need to do more of) just imagine how many people would check you back out if you spent 30-60mins leaving relevant thoughtful comments on other hubs????

1. Gaizy profile image92
        Gaizyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Good advice Jaysmine - Thanks.

2. 2uesday profile image90
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

Firstly - I am not an expert, writing here and elsewhere for me is something other than an SEO exercise. I get good and bad days for number of visits to my pages here. So what I am going to say is more instinctive than knowledgeable.

The Mystery Series - If I were you might be tempted to try writing one and testing it with the 'Mystery Series' after the subject matter in the title.  You can alter titles but not URLs so I do not thinking testing one that way round could cause problems if you wanted to switch it back.

I say this because I am trying to think of how people type things into search engines. So I would guess they put in the topic/subject. That is one way I select Hub titles as I do not always like to spend time on keyword searches. BTW The learning centre has lots of useful tips on titles etc.

Now if I am wrong on this idea - please someone post why it is better the other way, then I will learn something as well as looking slightly foolish. smile

If I am way off track, well maybe this will help anyway by someone reading and replying.

1. Gaizy profile image92
      Gaizyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for those thoughts 2uesday. It was something I hadn't thought of.