jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Hubpages Should Post Stats

1. Benjimester profile image89
    Benjimesterposted 5 years ago

It would be really cool if HP posted stats about the best performing hubs.  They'd have to get permission of course from the hubbers, but I would think they would be proud to show off a little bit.  I'd love to know how much daily traffic the top hubs get and how they're built.  Not only that, but being able to analyze the best hubs would be a great way for tweaking my own hubs to give Google more of what it's really looking for. 

What do you think?

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think it would be a great tool for thieves.  It would make it much, much easier to see which hubs they should steal and re-post elsewhere.  It would also give a big boost to some hubbers (there are some bad apples in every basket) in picking which keywords to write about.

Yes, we could all learn from examining writing style, how to use keywords effectively, etc. but it wouldn't do the author much good.

2. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 5 years ago in reply to this

They do, they just don't tell you what those Hubs are or who they belong to, which is the right way to do it.

http://www.hubpages.com/stats

If you want to set some goals for yourself, those stats are pretty good guidelines or broad benchmarks.

Benjimesterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Relache.  I didn't know that existed.  Very cool resource.  It's a bit sparse though.  It would be nice to get a bit more info than that.

2. Benjimester profile image89
    Benjimesterposted 5 years ago

Yeah, you're probably right.  Privacy is better in the long run.

Ironically, I was just thinking about the featured hubbers section before you posted. 

I'm not sure that is wise thing for those hubbers.  Again, it can be a magnet for thieves looking for something good to steal and may not be a wise thing for HP to do.

Benjimesterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You're right.  It's too bad that there are so many people out there looking to make a quick buck.  It would be nice if people were just willing to sit down and learn from successful authors instead of trying to steal from them.

But that takes hard work and it is no longer "free money".  Part of the Panda update, I understand, was an effort to get this scum shut down, but I haven't seen much in the way of results.  Thieves still abound.

3. prairieprincess profile image95
    prairieprincessposted 5 years ago

I think something that work would be if HP were to conduct some studies on the best performing hubs or portfolios (currently since all the Panda stuff) and then publish the results of said studies: for example, general topics, number of articles in a portfolio, number of related articles, etc.

working