jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

Is anyone on Digg?

1. Ryan Hupfer profile image80
    Ryan Hupferposted 8 years ago

I just posted one of my Hubs to Digg and it got me to thinking about how many Hubbers ever use Digg to post/vote on the randomness of the web. It could be a powerful tool to get your content out in front of a lot of people, especially if we all were digging certain Hubs each week.

If you're not on Digg yet, you should head over to http://www.digg.com and create an account when you get a chance. I'd like to start playing around with it from a Hubber community standpoint and it would be great if we were all on there.

Digg can be pretty hard to crack sometimes, but if we have some really good content that we can push up the Digg ladder a bit as a community, then it will benefit ll of us in the end.

What are your thoughts on Digg?

1. 0
      Poppa Bluesposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I'm on there but I get very little views!

2. Jerrico Usher profile image61
      Jerrico Usherposted 8 years ago in reply to this

thats a great idea

3. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Where have you been, we've been on Digg forever smile

2. anime_nanet profile image60
    anime_nanetposted 8 years ago

My digg name is animenanet. Feel free to add me to your friends list I'll do the same to you...

As pushing up the "Digg Lader" it goes against their terms of service to organize what is called a "digg mafia" so you can get those 50 votes and enter the first page. Not to mention they have crawlers to find those mafia out.

But hey, If you wanna try why not? It can work but only by starting with smaller groups.

animenanet, digg me tongue (or not, lol)

Ryan Hupferposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Added you...I'm hupdaddy. smile

3. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 8 years ago

Hi Ryan I added you a week ago as a friend and you ignored me Boo Hoo!.....jimmy

Ryan Hupferposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I did? I know that I dugg your Adult Costumes Hub...

1. SweetiePie profile image84
        SweetiePieposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I just added you on digg.

4. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

gave up on them a while ago

1. Shadesbreath profile image90
      Shadesbreathposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, I was trying to do the Stumbleupon, Digg, Mixx thing for my first few hubs but when I found out you can only stumble 10 things (and that was the only one that got me any traffic) I just said screw it to the lot of them.  I just want to write and read hubs.  I don't enjoy spending a lot of time trying to cross-pollinate the web with my stuff.  (Which I'm sure is why I don't get hubs on the front of the Hot Hubs page 3 minutes after posting with 0 comments, but hey.)

I probably should try it again.

5. SweetiePie profile image84
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

I received a few backlinks from digg, but overall the search engines provide more traffic than digg, mixx, or the other networking sites.  At least in my experience.

6. 0
    SirDentposted 8 years ago

I am also on DIGG, but I klnwo that if many hubs were to get dug, hubpages will be banned, just as stumbleupon and others. My nic is SirDent on digg by the way. I have recieved probably about 100 page views from digg. Not much really.

7. rockinjoe profile image87
    rockinjoeposted 8 years ago

I've had luck with Digg depending on the topic. They're an extremely liberal bunch over there, so if you've written "The Top 10 Things I Love About Bill O'Reilly" or "Why I'm Voting For McCain" don't look to get much traffic.

I wrote a tounge in cheek hub about it awhile back. Take a look if you'd like.