It's Hard to Drive Traffic to My Hubs, Any Idea?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (22 posts)
  1. inspirazi profile image59
    inspiraziposted 10 years ago

I've been in hubpages for mobths. But I dont know how to drive traffic to my hubs and what kind of article people searching on hubpages. Anyone can help?

1. JohnfrmCleveland profile image79
      JohnfrmClevelandposted 10 years agoin reply to this

There is a thriving ultra-conservative, anti-Obama conspiracy theorist community here on HubPages.  They love reading each other's stuff, too, so there is built-in traffic.

2. Susana S profile image90
      Susana Sposted 10 years agoin reply to this

@ inspirazi You need to be aiming for traffic from outside of HP not inside of it smile The best way to get long term traffic is to pick a few good evergreen niches (ones that have the potential to be successful on HP, learn to do thorough keyword research before you write and if you haven't done it before, do it after you've written.. And of course create the fabulous pages that really appeal to your reader.

These are the things I'd suggest newbies learn:

How to create a great hub (take a look at hubs by Patty Inglish, AAlite or Habee for good examples)
      Writing for an online audience
      Writing for your particular type of reader
      Keyword research
      Competitor research
      Niche research
      Onpage SEO

In about 6 months when you've got a good understanding of these things, then start thinking about social media and other types of traffic generation.

3. Simone Smith profile image88
      Simone Smithposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hey inspirazi!

I recommend utilizing these two guides:
      hubpages.com/learningcenter/How-to-Craft-a-Search-Friendly-Title
      hubpages.com/learningcenter/Elements-of-a-Stellar-Hub

And on the promotion end, it will help to check out our guides to Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, etc. in the Learning Center: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

2. bydojo profile image58
    bydojoposted 10 years ago

1. use the hub hopper (or whatever is called) - stumble across hubs and comment on the ones you like.
    2. find hubs in the niches you're interested in (and the niches you write hubs in) - comment on them and engage with the writers. You're more likely to get visits, since you all like the same things.
    3. use the forums - reply to the threads you feel you can contribute, start new ones.
    4. use the questions/answers section - do the same as with the forums.
    5. promote outside HubPages (Facebook, Twitter, other blogs, forums etc.)

The secret is not to write many hubs and just wait for them to be discovered, it's to have few good hubs (preferably featured) and then be active in the community.

1. Susana S profile image90
      Susana Sposted 10 years agoin reply to this

What you suggest is good for feeling part of the community and connecting with like minded people (both of which are nice things!) but not for traffic. It's great to get a little surge of traffic from HP members and maybe a few social shares but this isn't a good long term strategy for traffic generation.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

In my opinion that is exactly what the secret is.  The money traffic is search engine traffic. 

The easiest path to earnings is to write Google -bait and wait.

3. ikepius profile image59
    ikepiusposted 10 years ago

Use good intro images. They attract viewers. And write about politics. They love it here.

4. lorddraven2000 profile image92
    lorddraven2000posted 10 years ago

I have written a great deal on the subject of getting traffic to your hubpages and I really think it works the same as any website. utilize social media and bookmarking sites but hubpages does differ a little. The forum and questions here really show other hubbers you take interst in the site and can get you traffic that is repetitive and constant which is much better than a spike of traffic that comes and goes away. I wish you the best on this.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Please remove the dozens of links spread liberally throughout your hubs. They hurt the eyes and are not helping your traffic... they're leaking it out.

5. StitchTheDamned profile image67
    StitchTheDamnedposted 10 years ago

I have noticed that most of my traffic comes from two sources, facebook and stumbleupon. I post links in my facebook for new articles that I publish. I just started using stumbleupon a few days ago. I submitted about half of my articles (about 8) to Stumbleupon and I have had 40 views just today from them.

1. lorddraven2000 profile image92
      lorddraven2000posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I don't pull much from stumble upon but I drive a lot using yahoo answers. It takes work but if you do it right it can be really really fun.

Be careful using social media and answer sites to drive traffic. If you link to one site too much, it's considered self promotion and can see you banned in a jiffy.

1. StitchTheDamned profile image67
          StitchTheDamnedposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Oh. Excellent point.

6. StitchTheDamned profile image67
    StitchTheDamnedposted 10 years ago

That is an excellent idea. I will have to look into doing that, as well. My daily views are slowly rising, but not to where I would like to see it. Thanks!

Not a problem. I try to answer 25 to 50 questions every few days to boost some traffic plus the answer sticks around for a long time if you get chosen as best one. It is also a lot of fun in all honesty.

7. younghopes profile image69
    younghopesposted 10 years ago

try to post your hubs on pinterest and google plus, and also do a proper keyword research before you write an article so as to see that it is worth writing about

8. Healthy Pursuits profile image81
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 10 years ago

inspirazi, you have so few hubs. And you have no followers. If you've been here for months, you haven't done much to attract any readers. You have to write. And share your hubs. Do you have a Facebook account? Do you have a twitter account? Do you have a Pinterest account? etc. etc.

To get anything out of this, you have to put more writing into it, and more self promotion. If you're expecting payment for writing a very few hubs, it won't happen. 

The little bit of writing you've done coupled with your question makes me wonder if you asked the question only to get a few hubbers to read your hubs. If so, wrong approach, my friend!

9. cheaptrick profile image74
    cheaptrickposted 10 years ago

I used to drive a lot of traffic....Not anymore...the price of gas is just to high...and people kept stealing things...

LOL That really made my day.

10. Toytasting profile image60
    Toytastingposted 10 years ago

Hey inspirazi, I suggest besides sharing your post on social media you engage with other Hubbers. Commenting and engaging on other hubs will help drive traffic to your hub.

That's internal traffic and is unlikely to make you more than a few cents (hubbers are not meant to click on anyone else's adverts.)
      Learning how to drive Google traffic  means that you don't need to do as much work in the long run.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)