jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Video Capsules on Sales Hubs

1. Rob Winters profile image80
    Rob Wintersposted 5 years ago

In general -do people recommend using video clips on sales hubs specifically?

Where do you feel they're best placed?

Pros or Cons?

2. QuestionMaster profile image90
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

Videos increase the chance of people staying longer on the page, something Google likes.

They also may be the tipping point for someone who isn't sure if they want to buy - for instance if you have a video of how that super cool new flying helicopter works, they may be more impressed having seen it in action.

3. Rob Winters profile image80

Thanks QuestionMaster - That makes sense - I never thought of the aspect of google liking the longer visits so thanks for pointing that out.

Would you recommend a video that demonstrates a product being at the beginning or the end of a hub - I'm kind of wondering about placement in relation to product links - are people more likely to scroll down to product links after a video or back up - or does it make any difference? Hope that makes sense.

1. Camping with Kids profile image86
      Camping with Kidsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I would recommend the video be placed after your introduction and main selling points. Usually about 1/4 or 1/3 way down your hub.

Then immediately after video place a call-to-action and your sale links.

Then more detailed benefits of purchase and features, followed by another call-to-action

Just an opinion

GA

2. QuestionMaster profile image90
      QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Here's an example of a hub that uses two videos: http://spaceygracey.hubpages.com/hub/Or … Buy-Videos

Notice they're both aligned to the right also, so that users know there is more content to follow.

4. Rob Winters profile image80

Thank you for your advice Camping with Kids. Sounds good to me.

5. Rob Winters profile image80

Thanks QuestionMaster,appreciate the link & tip(i see what you mean). I've only the one sales hub up so far but i will experiment with different video capsules placements over the next day or so, need to call it a night for now mind, thanks again :-).

working