jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Ok, Brand New.

1. fairman2014 profile image81
    fairman2014posted 5 years ago

I'm sure this question has been asked a million times. I know how obnoxious it can be, as I'm always on the writing forums for another site I work for.

Can anyone explain EXACTLY how you get paid here? I read the FAQs, but that didn't help. What the heck is an impression? How is money made?

According to my earnings, I have made 1 penny. (LOL) How did I make this penny?

I DON"T UNDERSTAND.

2. QuestionMaster profile image90
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

http://hubpages.com/faq/#royalties

Basically, impressions are 'net lingo for 'views'. You can get a small amount (like 1c per 100 views) just for impressions. However to get serious earnings, you need visitors to click your adverts. Something you should NEVER do yourself or ask your friends to do.

Read the above link for more details.

fairman2014posted 5 years ago in reply to this

do i manually insert adsense ads or is it done automatically?

3. fairman2014 profile image81
    fairman2014posted 5 years ago

So, if I have adsense, do I manually put in the ads?

1. QuestionMaster profile image90
      QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Once you have an Adsense account, you simply need to connect it on the affiliates page - https://hubpages.com/my/earnings/affiliate/

Once it is linked, Hubpages will automatically show your Adsense ID on 60% of page views on your content.

4. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago
  5. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago
  6. profile image0
    msivakumarposted 5 years ago

1. Am assuming, you already have a Google Adsense account.It is the most important method to earn money through Hubpages.

2. Associate your Google Adsense account with the Hubpages - the views and clicks you get for HubPages Adprogram and Adsense will be automatically tracked (by the respective programs).

3. You need to configure the Adsense account in the affiliate page.
    Go to my account==>Earnings==>Affiliate Settings==> configure.Give your Adsense code and you are done. Ads are automatically inserted, you dont have to do anything manually.

4. If you don't have an Adsense account yet, you need to apply for the same and get it approved from Google.

5. The payout from HubPages AdProgram happens through PayPal, once you reach the minimum threshold of $ 50.

6. The payout from Google Adsense happens when you reach the threshold of $ 100. Google has several options of paying you - direct bank transfer or shipping the check by courier - you can decide which suits you best.

It will take some time to start generating revenue through HubPages.

fairman2014posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks alot! Super helpful! I'm all configured and ready to go!

7. Rosie2010 profile image82
    Rosie2010posted 5 years ago

Fairman2014, welcome to Hubpages!  Hubpages is a really good site.. lots of helpful friendly hubbers.  All you got to do is ask.  I wish you all the best on Hubpages.  Happy hubbing!

working