I'm sure this question has been asked a million times. I know how obnoxious it can be, as I'm always on the writing forums for another site I work for.
Can anyone explain EXACTLY how you get paid here? I read the FAQs, but that didn't help. What the heck is an impression? How is money made?
According to my earnings, I have made 1 penny. (LOL) How did I make this penny?
I DON"T UNDERSTAND.
Basically, impressions are 'net lingo for 'views'. You can get a small amount (like 1c per 100 views) just for impressions. However to get serious earnings, you need visitors to click your adverts. Something you should NEVER do yourself or ask your friends to do.
Read the above link for more details.
Once you have an Adsense account, you simply need to connect it on the affiliates page - https://hubpages.com/my/earnings/affiliate/
Once it is linked, Hubpages will automatically show your Adsense ID on 60% of page views on your content.
1. Am assuming, you already have a Google Adsense account.It is the most important method to earn money through Hubpages.
2. Associate your Google Adsense account with the Hubpages - the views and clicks you get for HubPages Adprogram and Adsense will be automatically tracked (by the respective programs).
3. You need to configure the Adsense account in the affiliate page.
Go to my account==>Earnings==>Affiliate Settings==> configure.Give your Adsense code and you are done. Ads are automatically inserted, you dont have to do anything manually.
4. If you don't have an Adsense account yet, you need to apply for the same and get it approved from Google.
5. The payout from HubPages AdProgram happens through PayPal, once you reach the minimum threshold of $ 50.
6. The payout from Google Adsense happens when you reach the threshold of $ 100. Google has several options of paying you - direct bank transfer or shipping the check by courier - you can decide which suits you best.
It will take some time to start generating revenue through HubPages.
Fairman2014, welcome to Hubpages! Hubpages is a really good site.. lots of helpful friendly hubbers. All you got to do is ask. I wish you all the best on Hubpages. Happy hubbing!
by genebob3 years ago
While I link my Adsense account, it directs me to Google, which then asks if I want to accept the association, I say yes, then it directs me back to Hubpages, but it just loads a blank page, nothing comes up. I could...
by BaizBlogger2 years ago
I'm getting tired of seeing that I've earned a little money (okay, very little money) every month, being told that I do have an Adsense account AND my Hubpages posts are linked to Paypal, yet I don't get any deposits.I...
by Joe Young2 years ago
On browsing the forum, I have become aware that we can't earn on HubPages without AdSense. This is a grim realization for me.I have 29 featured hubs that are generally considered to be of reasonable quality. I applied...
by Felishiya Fiamma4 days ago
Hi Hubbers, I checked my account yesterday on August 20, 2016 and to my surprise the Google Adsense has approved my application. It is hardly even two months, when I signed up.
by MacPharlain2 years ago
I'm trying to sign up for the earnings programs and can't because I don't have a Google AdSense account. I applied for one a few days ago but was rejected due to "insufficient content". (My account...
by Nancy Mitchell3 days ago
I just read on another thread that we must add the niche sites to our AdSense account. I don't know anything about this and don't know how to do it. Could someone please give step-by-step directions on how to get this...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.