Brand New, and totally confused..

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (74 posts)
  1. Heather Tripp profile image68
    Heather Trippposted 11 years ago

Okay, I just signed up like two seconds ago, and I am seriously confused. I can figure it all out (I think for the most part) on my own, once I get reading into everything, but I have one major question that I can't seem to find an answer to anywhere.

Do I have to have a google adsense account to earn money? Because for some reason, apparently google hates me, and I have NOT been able to create an account with them. Is this like no adsense account, no earnings at all??

And, what's this Amazon and Ebay stuff? I get that is more optional, but if brings in more money, I'll do it, because I am a single mom of two and every little bit helps.

Thanks guys!!

1. LucidDreams profile image64
      LucidDreamsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If you don't have a Google adsense account yet. you just need to start creating high quality hubs here and then after a few weeks or so, apply directly through Hubpages itself!

Write now users on the site are experiencing many problems with traffic. I wouldn't bother worry about that part if I were you. The best thing you could do for yourself is just start writing and the rest will come!

2. CloudExplorer profile image76
      CloudExplorerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Amazon Associates is an affiliate network with Amazon's official network on the web, and so is the Ebay affiliate program here on hubpages.

You will need to establish and active account with both those entities in order to earn from utilizing their ads here, and to place them into action onto your hub articles.

As for Google's Adsense is concerned try to start a brand new account on their network, they shall allow you to do so, if and only if you haven't violated their contract there. I have multiple gmail accounts, and they allow us to do so, and my Adsense if different from them all, so to separate them from one another, and not to confuse myself with all the email activities and networking there.

Maybe you need to try that, it works wonders for me, and mainly because I own an online business as well, which is official. If Google still give you trouble, then try to contact their administrators there, to investigate as to why your identity has been marked as having a potential issue with them.

Hubpages will pay you out via PayPal, as for hubpages earning is concerned, and so you will also need to have a verified active Paypal account, which is stream lined, and in sync with your official Bank Account, you choose to verify with them (Adsense also does the same, in terms of verification purposes regarding banking information, and to secure your personal information as well).

Good Luck! Heather Tripp

Note:

If you need any other assistance you can contact me directly from inboxing (emailing) me here on hubpages, which can be done off of  anyone's hubpages profile, using the 'My Profile' Link, then searching for the 'Fan Mail' area (Lower right of the screen), then by clicking the link there that says 'Fan Mail', and walla you'll see the inbox option [send {HP user name} email]

Heather Trippposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow, now I know how my technology challenged mother always feels!! You would think I have never used a computer before in my life. Holy Crap! LOL

I think I got it... I went through hubpages, and tried signing into whatever that crazy mess was that google did, and surprise surprise, now I have a code next to Google Adsense in my Hubpage account page.

I also submitted my tax info and linked my paypal address. And I do believe I am enrolled in Hubpages ad program now. I see now why some of the reviews I read about Hubpages said it was confusing. That certainly was.

All that is left is to link in with Amazon and Ebay. I already have a seller's account with Amazon, and a buyers and sellers with Ebay, so it should help some that I am already familiar with their sites.

Here's a question though- do I have to insert the ads, or will Google do that all by itself? (And Amazon and Ebay)

Thanks!!

1. kathleenkat profile image83
          kathleenkatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Google will do it automatically; Amazon and Ebay won't (although when you add those capsules, you can select an option for them to choose products based on keywords)

3. Rushdie profile image57
      Rushdieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

To put it politely, there is no money on HubPages.  You must work for 1 year, working 12 hrs a day tweaking hubs to start earning your first dollars. Don't believe what the coven tell you. You may get trapped. This website is a rental. Better to have your own house that have a landlord.

You must work for 1 year, working 12 hrs a day tweaking hubs to start earning your first dollars.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/103416

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/103558

1. CloudExplorer profile image76

Please play fair Rushdie, you just joined hubpages like two days ago, so why type this into an official hubpages forum for those who need help most, are you serious? Please explain........what this message here is all about.

1. Rushdie profile image57

I have made my research in this time, Cloudy. I know what I am saying. State your position, instead. There is no money on HubPages, yes, after 1 year's man-labor, you may expect to get #50 or like that.

Don't lie to the newbie. She doesn't know where she has entered. Have some character and integrity, brother.

1. SimeyC profile image88
            SimeyCposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So Rushdie - do you own Wizzley or are they just paying you to try and get other users to move from here to there?

1. Rushdie profile image57

I am actually from Google, brother Charley. They have sent me to have a practical knowledge of what happens inside your closed system, and how you treat the mugs. It doesn't look good, brother Samaritan. You have a mess.

Oh, by the way, when did you find my account on Wizzley? Meanwhile, anyone can find your hub guys over there. Check Wizzley forums, it's full of Hubpages fed-ups.

1. SimeyC profile image88
                SimeyCposted 11 years agoin reply to this

And I'm Bill Gates....

1. Maestro9 profile image57
                  Maestro9posted 11 years agoin reply to this

You don't look like that. Don't joke. Be professional, apprentice. lol

Shoo, it's a good thing I wasn't expecting Hubpages to make me rich! I've been writing online for years, I know how slow the start up can be. I'm not looking at the small picture of life. I'm looking at the big picture- all my hard work now will eventually pay off in the long run. Whether through Hubpages or some of the other websites I write for. Right now, my kids are 7 and 8... If what you say is true, then by the time they are 8 and 9, I'll be seeing some pay off. Perfect. All I wanted was some extra cash to be able to take them out for treats now and then. It's nice to know they will still be young enough for me to do that!

4. Maestro9 profile image57
      Maestro9posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to say, but HubPages is a hobby. There is no money here. I am saying the truth. Don't be misguided by people who have interest keeping you here.

2. Heather Tripp profile image68

Well, I think I finally just got through to google, cause now I see a screen that says earnings, and shows zero balances, but... I think that only confused me more.

So if I skip adsense all together, do I still get paid from hubpages? What about the amazon and ebay things?

The things I get myself into, I swear!

1. Stacie L profile image88
      Stacie Lposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, write some hubs and you may earn from HP ads first. Google wants to see some quality articles before you are accepted. Welcome to Hub pages

1. wordscribe43 profile image90
        wordscribe43posted 11 years agoin reply to this

You have to have an Adsense account to earn through HP ads, though.

3. wordscribe43 profile image90
    wordscribe43posted 11 years ago

Without an Adsense account, you can only earn money through Amazon on HP.

4. Len Cannon profile image88
    Len Cannonposted 11 years ago

Do yourself a favor and get your Adsense account by starting up on Blogger first and then just apply that same code here (and anywhere else you want it, for that matter.)

5. Heather Tripp profile image68

Well, it is a tad to late for that, because Google did something with my email and now won't let me attempt to re-sign up. But, I did get into Google (sorta) I received an email saying I got the email because I requested to use Adsense through hubpages. And it says to click on some link. So I will try that.

And I think I got myself enrolled in Hubpages Ad Program... Not quite sure what that was, but it was there so I did it.

LOL... Wow, I hope this gets alittle easier. Which I'm sure it will I know. I'm just on unfamiliar turf with this, because I've only ever written for sites that didn't require me to have a google account.

6. CloudExplorer profile image76
    CloudExplorerposted 11 years ago

You definitely need to insert the Ad's Heather, the option comes available once you begin creating a hub using the Hub tool they call it.

From there you will notice a thing known as hub capsules, to the right of the screen, and it shall allow you to add the Amazon, as well as Ebay capsules, as you see fit, as well as provide options on how to grab the content from the web, or insert it directly.

Good Luck on that, it isn't hard at all just takes a bit of playing around with the Hub Tool.

1. Cyber Lawyer profile image60
      Cyber Lawyerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

AdSense ads are generated automatically, and already running on hubs. Ditto HubPages ads once the HP ad program is activated.

I didn't notice she stated Google in her question up there, but yes hubpages automatically places Google Adsense ads into your hubs, my bad on the misunderstanding. I'll make sure to read the post in its full entirety, and much more accurately, not to make the same mistake next time.

My assistance up above was obviously meant for only the Ebay, and Amazon ads programs, I should have clarified it as such too I do admit. (I'm only human & we all prone to make errors every now and then)

7. kathleenkat profile image83
    kathleenkatposted 11 years ago

First thing: I wasn't able to get an Adsense account until I had written about 10 Hubs. You need to show that you have a site, and content, to advertise on. Right now, you have no Hubs, so nothing to advertise.

Second: Amazon and Ebay capsule allow you to create your own Amazon and Ebay ads to link on your Hubs. If you write a Hub about knitting, you can put an ad catered to that; such as, linking to yarn for sale, or knitting needles. Or you can link to products you specifically mention, such as "I used Elmer's Glue to..." And link to the glue you used.

Thirdly: You don't need adsense to make money, but it's one of the main ways people earn. I get daily earnings from it. It is definitely worth looking into when you get more established.

8. Heather Tripp profile image68

Okay, so one person says I have to add in the ads, and someone else says that they are automatically generated. So let me see if I have this straight:

Google will put in their own ads using keywords from my hub. But I have to place targeted ads myself for eBay and amazon.

Is that right? Thanks!

Cloud Explorer got it wrong, or he missed part of your question. You are correct in what you are saying now.

Thank Cyber Lawyer for the Clarification, that was cool of you to do for me, sorry for the mix up Heather. Hopefully you got the more accurate info this time, it is all so confusing at first, but in time it all does indeed make much more sense.

9. Heather Tripp profile image68

Okay! Thanks for all your help guys!

10. Heather Tripp profile image68

Shoot, one more question.. Sorry guys... Can I create a hub using content I already have published somewhere else?

I'd like to move some of my articles from Helium and such over.

Thanks!

1. Jenn-Anne profile image74
      Jenn-Anneposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If you have content elsewhere on the web you must remove it, wait until the search engines de-index it, and then you can post it here. If you try to post it here while it is published elsewhere you'll get dinged for duplicate content.

To move any content in terms of written published works, you must make sure that such content is completely removed (deleted entirely) from any  web locations that you've decided to publish such content at such as Helium.

Also give it enough time for Google's search engines to completely remove it from being listed as originating from such a location on the web.

Some folks have had issues with it all, and they've been flagged for duplicate content on Hubpages, but to be sure maybe give it a week or so, some folks have said 48 hours might do the trick & soon after they've deleted such content from those given locations to make such a move.

Once again I apologize for not fully providing the more accurate info, but its cool though that others are here to help you out as well. I don't do this forum thing much, and so I'm trying my best to learn how to help people like yourself at this current time.

I hope my info works for ya this time, and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm ever so slightly wrong, which makes this hubpages community super awesome indeed. Enjoy!

3. profile image0
      jenuboukaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

When it comes to Helium articles, ya better read their fine print. It is theirs forever......You can not remove or unpublish any content you have written there. 

Anyone who knows different, please let me know, as I have a couple of articles I want back from there and can't seem to find a way to remove them from that domain.

Wow, I never knew there was such a thing as that, that sounds illegal for them to claim your content as their own, I would never write for such a network, if that's the case Jen. Yikes!

1. profile image0
          jenuboukaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I know, I didn't read the fine print, big ol' face palm.  I am still trying to figure out how to do it. or delete my account' however that still means they "own" the goods...

I really want to email them and say "I want my Sh** back Bit****.

11. Heather Tripp profile image68

Well, that's crap. I can't even put them up even though I use the same name on both sites?? Shoot!

Yes it seems rough, but there's many reasons for the staff here to do so, I have a basic understanding that duplicate content is considered to be illegal on Google, and on the web as a whole pretty much, but definitely on hubpages its a huge issue, because people have been infringing on copyrights a great deal all across the web.

Try reading the hubpages 'Terms of use' and I'll post a some links below of official hubpages resources to help you get a better handle on things as a whole. 

All of your questions you've asked have even more accurate direct answers built into the hubpages 'Learning Center' which you can locate from hovering over your profile name 'Top of the Website' which exposes a link there if you haven't yet noticed it entitled 'Learning Center'.

Try to get into using the Learning Center a great deal, it will help you in every way imaginable Heather.

Hubpages Learning Center - http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents
      Terms of Use - http://hubpages.com/help/user_agreement
      Duplicate content info - http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Mode … te-Content

Forum Tip:
      (I supplied official hubpages links here, created by the hubpages staff here, and not that of anyone's hubs from friends or that of my own, so you can also see that this is the only form of link dropping allowed here pretty much in the forums.)

I did find the Learning Center, and I have been all over that since I did!! LOL.. Thanks!

Cool stuff & Good luck on your Voyage here Heather. 

I hope you find hubpages to be a great fit for you, I just completed a wonderful first year here and met some of the most amazing hub authors, made some specular friendships and all.

One thing though is, I'm still considered a newbie to most hub veterans & I still feel like it too haha, and as you can see, I'm also still learning things mostly.

I do need to learn to focus much more attention on all that's being communicated here on these posts. I can tell though with all that being said, you will do great here, because you ask good questions, and never hesitate to do so, there's loads of good people here to help you too. Enjoy!

2. kathleenkat profile image83
      kathleenkatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Copied content doesn't get crawled well by search engines, anyway. If you want more revenue, be original smile   ...even if it is YOU, haha. The search engines don't know that.

3. janshares profile image94
      jansharesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to hubpages, Heather. You remind me of where I was 5 weeks ago when I joined HP, lost, confused, and tech-challenged. You are very lucky to have good hubbers help you out. All the questions you raise, and frusrations you expressed  I can totally relate to. It will get better and all work out. I have 16 hubs now, collecting a few pennies from HP earnings, and some accolades from community involvement. Make writing your priority, all else will flow. Good luck on hp, I look forward your 1st hub.

12. Heather Tripp profile image68

Thank you!

It's kinda funny to me, cause of my whole family, I am the one who has the technology mind. (I don't know if you guys can believe that after today or not, but I swear it's true!) My mother used to call me from Delaware where she lives, in Colorado where I was living, and go "Okay, I see this on my screen what do I do?" or "Oops, I don't know what happened, I pushed a button and everything is gone!" My dad is just starting out on computers, so I gave him my laptop. He wanted to buy one, but he was terrified that he would do something to mess it up, and just be out all the money. He finally agreed to take mine when I told him there was nothing he could do to it that I couldn't fix. Even if he crashed it, I know how to fix it. I've done it about three times on this computer already. I swear, I know technology. However, start talking ads and codes to me, and it may as well be gibberish!! LOL

I am hoping to have my first hub up tomorrow evening sometime if all goes well. I was going to attempt it tonight, but... I just don't think that is going to happen. Slightly upsetting as patience is so not my virtue. I'm to tired now to write, so I'm just brainstorming article ideas. I'll check back in with you and let you know how I made out creating my first hub. (Judging from the warning over there on the left, I won't be posting a link to it or anything.. I'll just let you know how I made it through the process.) I think I will be fine though...

Have a great night everyone, and thank you all for bearing with me in my confused state of mind earlier! LOL

1. janshares profile image94

Heather, you are hilarious! I look forward to keeping in touch with you. I already see your second hub in the paragraph you wrote about your tech-challenged parents. See my hub, "Thank God For Laptops . . ." You will see what I mean.

13. daze2012 profile image60
    daze2012posted 11 years ago

google hates u thats funny.. u earn from hubpages and google.

It was no joke! I got a little pop up and everything that said "We're sorry, a Google Adsense account is not available to you because we hate you." It was all very official looking!

1. psycheskinner profile image83
        psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Make sure you have 10 good, commercial hubs before applying for Google through hubpages.

14. Douglas Eze profile image62
    Douglas Ezeposted 11 years ago

Hey people I need you all too. Have written well over 19 hubs and got abt 9 rejected yet google kept rejecting me. I need the adsense code so I could use on my blog as well. I started out here 2weeks ago and I taught having over 10hubs would get me my adsense approval. I need y'all seriously. CloudExplorer, Lucid, Cyber law and other. You can see my hubs.

1. janshares profile image94

Hi Douglas, welcome to hubpages. I can relate to you as well, was so there a few weeks ago, I'm still recovering. I ended up getting my adsense account straightened out after about 3 weeks and maybe 10 hubs. It was grueling as I am tech-challenged. At one point, I felt like throwing in the towel and writing on hubpages for free for the fun of it. But I didn't give up and kept pressing buttons like Heather's mom. There is still much I don't get but confident I will get it as I keep producing good hubs. The way I got things fixed (after having to get a new google username and password) is I applied outside of hp for an account on my business website. Then you end up joining those two accts. I also found out that a lot of the "pending" time had to do with my ignorance and not google rejecting me. There were steps regarding the acct/taxID/bank/verification stuff that I had to figure out and complete on my own. Then everything was fine. I hope this helps. I'm still only making pennies but that's cool for now.

Hey, that whole pressing random buttons is seriously under rated... It works... Sometimes :-)

I saw 9 hubs on your profile, are the others unpublished hubs or are they invisible to us all? Google is serious about not allowing poor quality content onto the web, and so I have yet to try out any of your hubs, I just would like to say maybe try reading, and discovering the best hubs here of veteran hubbers to get a much better idea of how to create them.

Also study up on the Hubpages Learning Center, it works wonders Douglas, either way people will eventually try out your hubs, but if they aren't good quality your traffic will not pick up much here on hubpages.

Meaning you must do your homework to learn how to correctly create a hub article that is attractive enough, your hubs need to have great SEO, relevant keywords, and loads more, which you'll find by researching the info from the Hubpages 'Learning center'.

I'll provide a link for you to see what it takes to create a 'Stellar Hub' below.
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Elem … tellar-Hub
      (Official Hubpages Link from the hubpages Staff)

Good Luck!

3. janshares profile image94

Douglas, I read some of your poems. You have great ideas, your passion and feeling comes through clearly. However, you need upload images and add some links to make your hubs more appealing. You also need to enhance the impact of the experience on your readers by sharpening your basic skills, paying more attention to spelling and grammar. I suggest you create your own forum thread on your challenges as a new hubber so you can get your own feedback outside of Heather's. Good luck!

Great Feedback response Janshares, you seem to be a level minded person, and very kind with your words. He definitely need assistance by many of us all, so I second the motion you suggested to him about him starting his very own forum for such help.

I will help him there and in his hubs from this point forward, thanks Janshares for helping him as well, we all need to pull together at times to do such things, because each and every hubber as a whole can make a difference for one another.

Cool Bean! Oh and its nice to have met up with your words as well on hubpages.

2. Douglas Eze profile image62
        Douglas Ezeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks janny for looking up on my hubs and for the advice I'll sure work on them and i will start my very own forum as soon as i can.
        You suggested I add some links.. what sort of link do yo you mean.
        Thanks once again

As you are from Nigeria, there is a good chance that your HubPages account or other domain must be at least 6 months old before AdSense will consider your application.

1. Douglas Eze profile image62

i doubt that cos Nigeria is one place google seem to get their adsense upbeat as lots of bloggers are up there and so many companies putting up ads via google adsense. I have heard some Nigerians got their adsense spproved within 3days.

You could read this hub, which seems to take the same position:

http://justchristiandate.hubpages.com/h … ney-online

1. Douglas Eze profile image62

dude.. you think me an internet newbie?.. lol I having been a blogger from Nigeria ok?... the author of the hub doesn't know shit.. he's just posting from random thoughts.. One the most successful blogger of recent is a Nigerian, if you don't know, google linda ikeji.. I have so many bloggers in my niche who got their adsense approved in weeks and one actually got his up in 3days so get your facts right bro...

It is advisable to have substantial quality content prior to applying for AdSense. The 6-month rule is not official Google policy, and there is a lack of transparency, so it is hard to tell what the facts are. Indian and Chinese bloggers have also been approved quickly in some cases. As for you, people can judge for themselves whether you are a newbie or not. Glad to have responded to your query.

15. Christa Michelle profile image58
    Christa Michelleposted 11 years ago

i have a question... I applied for Adsense and got denied and yet there are ads on my hubpages.  Can anyone explain what is going on to me? I wrote them and asked my and they have not replied yet. God bless and thanks for the help.

Welcome to HubPages. AdSense ads are always running on hubs. As long as you have not activated your own AdSense account, HubPages will get 100% of the page impressions and associated revenue. Once your account is up and running, you will get 60%, HubPages 40%.

If you choose you can deactivate the Adsense ad's, it can be done by using the 'Hub Tool' while creating a hub, and go to the Hub capsules area.

From the Hub capsules area (Right of the screen) click 'settings', and from there you will be presented an option to shut off the Adsense ad's. Click the Down arrow next to the term 'Ad level', and then select 'None'.

Also uncheck the 'This hub may be considered commercial' button there as well.

I hope this helps you Christa Michelle, at least until you can manage to get approved by Google Adsense.

Give it some time, and you'll get accepted for sure into their program, you also need to verify your bank account info with them, besides earning position on the web to prove your articles worthiness, unless you have other web locations to represent your status as a web editor/designer/blogger etc.... Good Luck!

16. Christa Michelle profile image58
    Christa Michelleposted 11 years ago

asked why

I think you asked Google Why, according to your question, and you also asked can anyone explain what is going on pretty much with Google Adsense, and so Cyber Lawyer actually provided you with a sufficient answer based on his or her best knowledge I do believe.

I hope my info helps as well, but Cyber Lawyer is 100% correct, Adsense will run on hubs no matter what, unless you decide to deactivate them, which I provided the procedure for you up above.

Have you tried to join Adsense through hubpages, or outside of it? If you done so through hubpages, give it some time, keep writing, and things should work out for ya, and especially if you did all the verifications and all with Google already.

Good Luck, and maybe you could also start a forum of your own to get even more help, chat with ya soon, and I;ll give your hubs a try soon as well. Oh & Welcome to hubpages Christa, you will have fun writing here for sure just keep them hubs coming at us, and we will keep reading them as well as sharing them for ya. Peace!

17. profile image0
    meegs supergirlposted 11 years ago

Hi everyone, thank you for posting these questions, exactly the same as mine.  I have also been rejected by google adsense, but will wait until i am more established before i apply again.  Good luck to everyone, I am really enjoying writing articles all the same.  smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)