jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Lots of traffic but no clicks on adsense.

1. lady rain profile image86
    lady rainposted 5 years ago

A few days ago, I had a surge of traffic on one hub that was linked from a social networking site. More than 600 people viewed one single hub in just 24 hours and not a single person clicked on the ads.  Just wondering if google had put up some boring ads.

1. Isabel Melville profile image87
      Isabel Melvilleposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Was it Reddit, by any chance?
      They never click - they use ad-blockers so don't even see the ads.
      Traffic like that is great if you are using Hubads, all the same, because it is impression-based.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 5 years ago

What ads Google showed was most likely triggered by whatever the visitor was viewing before they went to your Hub or their own search habits.  In short, you can't start trying to guess what ads the people saw.

Social networking traffic is often just eyeballs and no action.  Some social sites have a lot of users that employ ad blocking software. 

The lesson you need to take away from this is that the source you got traffic from was was not high quality and may not be worth your efforts in the future if earnings are your focus.

3. QuestionMaster profile image89
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

Social networking traffic is usually a one off spike with very low quality (few or no clicks or sales.)

That's why it's better to avoid social networking sites altogether and use your time to backlink and keyword properly so Google will send you quality traffic.

4. GmaGoldie profile image85
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

One of my hubs sadly is a "high traffic" hub that essentially earns nothing. Quality traffic is about the key terms. I wasted my time on that hub - I am learning to focus upon hubs that pay and to refer to the guidance on the statistics page. The key terms are great but my time is limited so I rely heavily upon HP guidance. When I watch the stats, it does pay off.

5. OldSkoolFool profile image61
    OldSkoolFoolposted 5 years ago

High traffic doesn't necessarily mean clicks on your ad. Sometimes if the ads aren't targeted or of low quality they will not be noticed.