jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Stupid Searchers

1. Mark Ewbie profile image84
    Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago

I check my Analytics keywords to see if anyone is looking at anything.

But they can't even type a simple query properly.

For example - if I had a page about My Big Blue Cat, which I don't because I hate cats - the searches would look like this...

big blue cat - that's fine and is sensible
    blue big cat - stupid
    bigblue cat - typo, stupid
    blue cat big - moron
    cat big blue - kid on mums computer
    catblbg - Google guessing what they meant. Morons.
    blue pussy cat stuff - not interested in cats at all

... and on and on.

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol smile

2. wheelinallover profile image81
      wheelinalloverposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You wouldn't believe some of the title tuner suggestions I get. My guess was most of those hubs are found by children who haven't learned how to spell or put things together properly. Until I read your forum post I wouldn't have believed any adult with some level of education would use the search terms or incorrect spelling I find there.

I can understand the ones finding me using a search for my corporation, I do have 82 results ranked with Google there. I can also understand the ones who find my work using my hub pages nickname. There are 309 search results for it. I have added my nickname to the title on one of my hubs just to help people find my work on hub pages. I am often requested to add both to my hub titles.

Some of the others are so off the wall that I truly can't understand how they even find my hubs from their keywords. It makes me wonder at times if you could just write a gibberish title and get readers. The ones who "are keyword smarter" I do the favor of writing hubs to their keywords.

One of my hubs was originally titled "a hub about nothing". I wrote and published that hub in 33 minutes for an unofficial hub page contest.  I was getting search engine hits to that within 24 hours. I know this because I changed that title the day after I wrote it before 24 hours were up. I was shocked, still want to know what they were typing in for keywords to find it.

2. wordscribe43 profile image93
    wordscribe43posted 5 years ago

You HATE cats?  Awwww... how could you?  I love my blue cat big.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image84
      Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

3. theherbivorehippi profile image84
    theherbivorehippiposted 5 years ago

lol I often have my clients on Elance give me ridiculous keyword combinations like this because that's what people are searching for. WHO are these people? That's what I want to know. I tell them NO...I will not write ignorance just to feed into the stupidity of others. I can be easy to deal with and work with a few quirky ones but some are just unacceptable.