How do we overcome how people see our natural hair?

1. HairByHoneyBee profile image60
    HairByHoneyBeeposted 5 years ago

Give me some feed back about this.  I have come across a lot of people asking me about my hair and my daughter's hair.

1. teddi6 profile image79
      teddi6posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't understand.  You don't give enough information to really form an opinion.  I can say this, though, about hair, it's just a vanity feature...that's it. It doesn't help you to breathe better, nor does it steady your gait. It's just dead matter that has grown out from our heads.

I went through Chemo a few years ago and lost all, but a few sparse tufts of my hair. In addition, I lost my eyelashes and my once thick black eyebrows, I looked like the female version of Fire Marshall Bill!  I frightened children, but ya know what, I refused to wear a wig, scarf or hat.  If people didn't like my frightening look, then they had the freedom to turn away.  I refused to cover myself to make someone else accept me.  No sticking way!  I was fighting for my life and I was already sick enough to die the last thing I needed to worry about was whether someone liked my hair. 

I had to look at me 24/7, they could tolerate me for a few minutes.

I'd like to know more, especially since this could have an emotional affect on your child.