jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

How do we add the new domains to Google Analytics?

1. Richieb799 profile image63
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

Sorry if this has already been discussed but when I try to add a new sub domain I started to Google Analytics, I get this message:

'URL ends with an invalid top-level domain name'

I had no problems adding 'hubpages.com/profile/richieb799, but maybe this is a problem with the sub domain?

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Hey Richie, I'd be glad to help you, however, I don't know.

I recently added a new hub to my URL channel section of Google Adsense and noticed a difference in the URL's. So I switched all my URL channels over to the new sub-domain URLs and none of it's working for me.

Google Adsense seems to be tracking earnings, but not tracking traffic. I don't dare go into Google Analytics and change anything, because who knows what it is going to f**k up.

Sorry I couldn't be of help.

1. mary615 profile image92
      mary615posted 5 years ago in reply to this

You folks are talking WAY over my head.  I just write, and don't pay too much attention to all the technical stuff.  Maybe I should, huh?

3. Richieb799 profile image63
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

I haven't got channels set up for my hubs,but I did think about putting my new account in there. I only have channels for my personal websites. Maybe a moderator will see this thread and shed some light on the matter.

Thanks though Cags, least I know I'm not the only one who's run into issues concerning tracking in the Google accounts

1. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome Richie. I just would have liked to help you out. sad

1. 0
        Ginny Kingposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have, in the past, wasted a lot of time of Adsense and decided it makes no sense and therefore I have rendered it nonsense. It is just something you add and forget about! Sorry sweetie!

working