jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Amazon HMTL on Hubpages any ideas please?

1. Nell Rose profile image89
    Nell Roseposted 5 years ago

Hi, I recieved an email which I am sure most of you got to, saying copy and paste the hmtl into your hub or site. When I looked at the Text capsule it does say hmtl on the top to the left. I tried copying the amazon hmtl and it does work, my question is, are we allowed to do this with amazon, or is the hmtl only there for helping the text writing? I tried looking everywhere but can't seem to find the answer. I have never used the hmtl for anything so am a bit lost on the subject. Thanks

1. QuestionMaster profile image88
      QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You cannot use more than basic HTML (bold, underline, link etc) in Hubpages, basically the coding you can currently enforce in your hub with the use of a button.

So no, you cannot copy and paste the coding in from Amazon - that's something you'd need to own  your own website to do.

2. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Using HTML Amazon codes in text capsules is going to trigger the standard domain limitations, where if you insert more than two links per Hub, the filters will flag you as being overly-promotional.   And once the Amazon affiliate program changes here at year's end, that might change.  I can't recall if the new FAQ talks about that or not.

By using Amazon capsules, you are allowed one product per 50 words of original text content.

1. QuestionMaster profile image88
        QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That too!

3. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I didn't get any such email so I'm not sure what you mean, but many hubbers on here promote an item for sale with just one html link to Amazon, effectively by-passing Hubpages for a share of the earnings.

Many of my sales hub right now carry a single html link to Amazon UK, but that will change when we get the new system in as they are going to install that world thing that means people see the Amazon product from their local version of Amazon.

All I do is open up a text capsule, click on html, paste in the html and tell it to 'clean up html', and save.
      I don't get a lot of UK sales, but I do get some as many of my readers are from the UK so worth while doing.

1. theherbivorehippi profile image84
        theherbivorehippiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I do this as well. Although I do use the capsules...I also use the html link and clean it up.

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 5 years ago

put the product ISBN number in the capsule.  Do not need HTML

3. QuestionMaster profile image88
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

I think all these answers might be a little confusing for Nell Rose so:

-You CANNOT use the HTML and coding they provide to put pictures and widgets from the Amazon site (you aren't able to change the correct coding here, but can insert said widgets etc on your own sites.)
    -You CAN place a direct html link to the Amazon product, using your Amazon tracker, although you cannot do this more than twice per hub (over promotional rules).
    -It's probably easiest to stick with the Amazon capsules since they will display the picture and you can have as many as  you like (as long as there is no more than one product per 50 words.)

1. Nell Rose profile image89
      Nell Roseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi, no it wasn't the widget or pictures, it was purely the fact that Amazon sent a link to their promotional stuff. It had a direct hmtl that you could use to take me straight to a particular subject, clothes for example. I knew about the widgets it was just this new thing, thanks for your help

4. Nell Rose profile image89
    Nell Roseposted 5 years ago

Thanks guys, I always use the normal Amazon capsule but it was the fact that I suddenly spotted the hmtl thing in Text. To be quite honest I had forgotten half I learned at the start of writing two years ago! I just do the usual amazon and ebay capsules.

working