jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

Site Statistics

1. Samoa6 profile image83
    Samoa6posted 5 years ago

I am following my site traffic etc. using Google Analytics as well as HubPages statistics and was wondering if there was a way to exclude myself from the data because I don't want my editing visits to skew the data, or to get me in trouble with HubPages since it seems I am being paid each time someone visits a page on my site.

1. profile image60
      Daveybeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You can definitely do it on Analytics - from memory you have to use the Filter options and 'exclude traffic from IP address', then insert your IP address. Not sure about Hub Pages as I'm a newbie here so would also be interested in the answer for that one?

Samoa6posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Daveybee.  I just excluded my IP address in analytics.

1. brittanytodd profile image91
          brittanytoddposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Daveybee has it right.  You cannot hide them within the HP stats, unfortunately.

Samoa6posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you brittanytodd.  Do you know if HP just doesn't pay you for the impressions coming from your own IP address then?  Or do they just watch out for abusers and disable their accounts?  I just want to be sure that I am not going to be penalized every time I edit or add a hub.

You're welcome!  I don't know about whether you get paid for your own views, but you can edit and view your hubs as many times as you want without getting penalized.  Just don't click on your ads!  I will try to find the link to the details of the HP ad program.

Here's an overview of the HP Ad Program: http://pwalker281.hubpages.com/hub/An-O … rl_5009678

Hopefully it will answer your question.

2. shampa sadhya profile image86
    shampa sadhyaposted 5 years ago

I have a question regarding this that I constantly work upon my hubs by going into the edit mode on Hubpages. Does it have any bad impact or a threat of being pennalised by Google Adsense? I visit my hubs through Hubpages and not through Google. I am sure for this there is no Hubpages threat but is there still any threat left from the Adsense?

I have an Adsense account but I have no Google Analytics account, is it a must? Every month Adsense earning is decreasing while Hubpages earning is increasing, it is quite confusing.

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image84
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi Shampa,

There is no penalty for editing your own hubs. Just simply make sure you never click on Adsense ads on your own Hubs.

Signing up for an Analytics account should be straight forward as you already have an AdSense acct.

2. brittanytodd profile image91

No, viewing your hubs through hubpages is not a violation of AdSense policies and it's okay as long as you don't click on ads (see my earlier post).

You do not need an Analytics account.  It is just helpful when checking where your traffic is coming from.

The HP Ad Program is much more profitable than AdSense from what I've experienced and heard.  It's because HP ads have sponsors such as Drano that provide a better CPM rate.

working