jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Can I Rewrite My Own Content to be Unique?

1. danstelter profile image61
    danstelterposted 4 years ago

I recently had an article rejected because it was one copied and pasted in from my own website.  What qualifies as "unique" on Hub Pages?

I am using this site primarily for SEO for a couple targeted keywords.  Can I simply rewrite my own content with different words and phrases, but using the same idea?

Or, does Hub Pages want all original ideas?

Just don't want to get myself banned is all!

Thanks for your help!

1. Randy Godwin profile image94
      Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Just write another article with similar info.  It can't be that difficult, can it?

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

You'll want to take a look at this,

3. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

Unique means that it has not been published anywhere else online. If you read any  number of hubs you will see that it does not mean subjects or ideas.

4. webcopyguru profile image83
    webcopyguruposted 4 years ago

Hubpages, like many search engines out there, penalise for duplicate content, even if this is from your own site. I did the same thing in the beginning, not realising the rules, but I solved the problem by taking one angle from my existing article and re-writing it.

I focused on bringing out one key aspect in that article therefore giving the reader more in-depth and hopefully useful information.

So perhaps try this technique with your duplicate article? The writing exercise is never wasted. Good luck.

5. recommend1 profile image72
    recommend1posted 4 years ago

Handspun yarns appear to be ok and unique, in fact there are so many out there that there is a sea of woven bu!!$hit to wade through to find anything.  I would suggest that a lead-in teaser to your website with some additional fluff would be better and might even avoid some future google-slap when they learn how to un-spin stuff and start calling the spun (or hand rewritten/spun) the dupicates that they are.  A lead-in or summary is a useful article, I find that I have piles of  random stuff that did not make it into the main article that can be used to tart a sub-article up a bit and make it actually unique.

6. urmilashukla23 profile image81
    urmilashukla23posted 4 years ago

Thanks for asking this question. I have the same problem. I will rewrite the content and publish it.