jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Why a very old hub has moderator set warning

1. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image75
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 4 years ago

One of my hub published in February 19, 2010, present hub score 78 is showing a moderator set alert. It is showing that the hub has deceptive title, tag or category.

I have reviewed the hub once again and don't find anything deceptive. Moreover , it is two years old hub, and only today I am seeing this alert.

In my another hub, it is about web hosting, published in June 2010, there is a moderator set alert that I have recently edited this hub. I did not edit this hub in recent months. Why am I viewing these kinds of alerts?

I have got warnings several times about a duplication and every time it was found original. Why we are facing this problem?

Is there any other writer facing the same? Can authorities show light on it?

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

There have been glitches in the past, as you've discovered, so it could be a mistake.  However, I'm sure HubPages are tweaking their filters all the time, so maybe the warning is genuine.  Why not post a link to the Hub in the Extreme Makeover section - we might be able to spot the problem.

Remember "deceptive" means anything unrelated - maybe you've got a tag that's not truly relevant

1. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image75
        JYOTI KOTHARIposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the advice. I have got a mail from the authorities and asked them about. It is not yet replied. I am waiting for their answer.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
          Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I had a look at some of your Hubs and I think it's quite possible the tags are the problem.

For instance, on your Hub about achieving goals, you have meaningless tags like "smart", "fun way", "tips", "advice".  These are general words, they're not telling us what the Hub is about - which is one of the definitions of deceptive.

The tag suggestion tool just finds frequently repeated words, so it can give you words that aren't relevant to your topic - that's why you have to be discerning when you use it.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

It seems to me that a hub might get reviewed at any time, and the rules change all the time.  Assuming the hub is still up I would post at the appropriate subforum and see if other users can point out the bad tag.

3. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image75
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 4 years ago

I posted in appropriate forum and also send mail to Hubpages team, but don't get any answer. I, finally deleted these hubs.
    Thanks for valuable advice given by all fellow hubbers.

working