1099 Forms

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (33 posts)
  1. PBody5205 profile image76
    PBody5205posted 12 years ago

Has anyone received their 1099 from Hubpages yet?

1. Marina Lazarevic profile image77
      Marina Lazarevicposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The 1099 forms were mailed (the old school way) yesterday, to the mailing addresses we have on file.

Everyone receiving a form should get an email today with details about next steps.

2. MakinBacon profile image80
    MakinBaconposted 12 years ago

I haven't, and I signed up for electronic delivery. I left a message with HP, but they haven't responded after several days. They should just communicate quickly on the site as to what's going on there.

3. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

I'll toss in a question here.

Some sites send out 1099's regardless of the amount.

Other sites only send out 1099's when the amount is $400 or more.

I wonder which HP is.

I shall now do a search to see if that information is already posted. big_smile

4. paradigmsearch profile image59

@HP Your link has a missing slash between .com and newfaq...

"http://hubpages.comnewfaq_section_06_subsection_01c_q08"

Or is it just me? smile

5. paradigmsearch profile image59

And this:

http://hubpages.com/newfaq_section_06_s … n_01c_q08/ and some variations

gives me a 404.

6. paradigmsearch profile image59

"Will I receive end-of-year tax forms from HubPages?

Maybe. Based on the tax status of your HubPages Earnings Program account and the total amount of earnings paid to you in a given calendar year, HubPages will send you the appropriate tax forms (if any are required for your account).

If you are based in the United States and have earned more than $600 for the year, HubPages will mail you a 1099 form.
        If you are not based in the United States (and regardless of how much you earned), HubPages will mail you a 1042-S form."

I would swear that it's $400 now, not $600.

According to tax forms I've read, the IRS becomes highly perturbed if you fail to disclose above the $400 limit now.

7. paradigmsearch profile image59

Maybe Keith will drop by...

Unlike me, he'll know what he is talking about when it comes to tax matters. big_smile

8. PBody5205 profile image76

I thought that 1099s were required to be distributed by Jan 31st...

9. SimeyC profile image87
    SimeyCposted 12 years ago

Bump! HP can send them out by January 31, 2012 - so in theory we should be receiving them this week - however, what about electronic delivery???

Any comment from the Hubpages team?

10. PBody5205 profile image76

I was under the impression that it was required by law for 1099s to be distributed by January 31st.  Anyone got theirs yet?

1. SimeyC profile image87
      SimeyCposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It has to be post-marked January 31, 2012...

11. SimeyC profile image87

BUMP AGAIN! Can HP staff please respond - the lack of 1099 is holding up my (and I assume others) filing of my taxes - this will delay any refund....

12. wordscribe43 profile image90
    wordscribe43posted 12 years ago

Has anyone received theirs from Google yet?  I can't remember the deal from last year...

Yep - got mine from Google a few days ago.

1. wordscribe43 profile image90
        wordscribe43posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Time to check my overflowing mailbox...  tongue

13. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 12 years ago

I am wondering about our HP 1099 as well.

I received my Google 1099 in the mail yesterday.

14. SimeyC profile image87

BUMP - is there any chance we'll get 1099 today? I was supposed to complete my taxes today and don't really want to delay any further - at the very least can we be provided with 'totals'?

1. wordscribe43 profile image90
      wordscribe43posted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's too bad this topic wasn't started under "Report a Problem or Suggest a New Feature"...  I do think they watch those threads more carefully.

15. KCC Big Country profile image83

I have records of my own total, but we still need their tax ID number from the 1099 as well.  I was thinking it might show up in the Earnings section, but it doesn't.

I have totals - but wasn't certain if things like Competition Winnings would appear in a different 'box'?!

16. KCC Big Country profile image83

True.....it probably doesn't, but you never know.  I actually had a $50 prize in one of the contests myself that might appear in a different box now that I think about it.

17. SimeyC profile image87

Great! Thanks!!!

18. PBody5205 profile image76

I got a response saying that 1099s went out in the mail...not sure why they weren't delivered electronically, but hopefully we should start seeing them show up.

19. KCC Big Country profile image83

Has anyone gotten them yet?  I still haven't.  sad

Nope - but the mail service isn't delivering first class mail in a day anymore so I expect to receive some time this week!

20. pharmacist profile image87
    pharmacistposted 12 years ago

I still haven't received mine yet either.  Hoped it would have come today...but no luck.

21. PBody5205 profile image76

No luck yet.  Still waiting...

See 'important announcement' regarding 1099 forms http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/92638

Thanks for linking that, SimeyC.

All, we're sorry about the confusion regarding the tax forms. Next year's process will be much smoother, and we'll be ready with electronic delivery. Thanks for hangin' in there!

22. Richieb799 profile image74
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

What about people in the UK, I currently don't have HP Ads active.. I only tried it for a week

Richieb799: If your were paid out at least $50 in 2011 (and filled a W-8 out as your tax form), you will receive a 1042-S. Otherwise, no tax form for you!

US-based Hubbers who filled out a W-9 will receive a 1099 if they were paid out at least $600 in 2011.

23. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 12 years ago

Thanks for clarifying 1042-S form.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)