jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Thinking of moving all my Hub Patron of the Arts hubs

1. Dorsi profile image89
    Dorsiposted 4 years ago

The Hub Patron of the Arts contest was an awesome idea - I wrote close to 30 hubs during that month. Unfortunately for me those hubs are sitting at the bottom of my stats - little to NO traffic. People just don't seem to come here to read poetry, short stories and look at photos (IMHO)

I am thinking about moving these to perhaps a separate website that is more personal to me - like my own lol. Where maybe these types of articles would be more appropriate.

I am just concerned they are not getting the love they need here and maybe even damaging my other writing here by pulling my stats down??

2. wordscribe43 profile image94
    wordscribe43posted 4 years ago

I had the same thoughts myself, Dorsi.  That's why I DID pull mine off... not too long after the contest.  Plus, I didn't want anyone to steal them.  I've chosen to remove them from the world wide web completely, for use in a possible book later.

1. Dorsi profile image89
      Dorsiposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Good idea. I had the same thoughts. There are some that I am concerned about that might be copied.

3. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 4 years ago

Thanks for opening this thread Dorsi..

There is Clearly Something WRONG in relation to exposure of these hubs! 
    8 out of 10 of my submitted poems are sitting at the bottom in the low 60s with little or no traffic also!  85% of my work ranges between 75 - 89 HS-wise.

I want to Know WHY there is a Sandbox effect for Competition Submissions?

80% of my work is poetry and I rank highly with non competition works in SERPs - So What Is It That Is Happening to this work?

Some of the Best work I have submitted to this site was in that Comp and it gets No Traffic! Clearly HP has a problem that just makes all the hard work a waste of time. 

It IS A SANDBOX - I want to know why... as Clearly so do others!
    I just feel my work is being manipulated in some respect as this has effected every article that I have submitted to HP Comps.. but not those individually published... which all tend to sit on pages 1 - 4 on Google!

It's just too obvious that the problem lies with HP and no one is saying a Dicky Bird about it! sad  Oh Other than Jason's remark the other day that "Poetry doesn't Drive Traffic Anyway!" - Amazing Attitude! -  But.. Maybe that's the REAL Problem? sad

It's Not Good Enough!

1. Dorsi profile image89
      Dorsiposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Good good questions. I just looked at my patron of the arts hubs - and 19 of them have had 0 traffic today. This is a recurring thing. I am very disappointed at their performance - yet these are some of the best hubs (creative wise) that I have ever wrote.