jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

New to hub pages... I have a few basic newbie questions, please help!

1. kmnfive profile image81
    kmnfiveposted 4 years ago

Hey everyone, I just created my hubpages site today and wanted to know how this all works...

1. When you create a new hub, does that mean that you create an individual article or a subcategory of articles?

2. How does the ad program work? Will hubpages send me a check from my ad earnings?

3. Do people advertise their hubpages to increase traffic?

1. homesteadbound profile image88
      homesteadboundposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Rochelle Frank is 100% on track with her advice. There is so much to learn and the places she recommends are the best places to find the answers.
      Good luck on your journey. I have been here 6 months as of tomorrow and it has been great! I'm sure will have a great time here as well.
      Welcome to HubPages!

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

A new Hub is an individual article. 

The ad program takes a bit of explaining, so as others have said, the best thing is to direct you to the Learning Centre. You will need an account with Google Adsense to be eligible to earn income here - but you may have to build a bit of a writing reputation first, before you can get one.

3. snigdha.s profile image79
      snigdha.sposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hubpages doesn't send cheque. You will need a paypal account. If you already have an active google adsense account then once your earning reaches 100$ it will get transferred to your paypal account. The threshold for hubpages ad program is 50$.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 4 years ago

The best way to start is to go to the bottom of this page and click the words "learning center". When  you are finished there, go to the top of this page (right side) and click on "help".
    There is a lot to learn, it won't happen all at once, but these are two good places to start.
    Welcome, and good luck.

1. kmnfive profile image81
      kmnfiveposted 4 years ago in reply to this

thank you big_smile