Can I write mainly about my life experiences?

1. Michelle808 profile image61
    Michelle808posted 7 years ago

I am so brand new at this it's not even funny.  I'm wondering if I could mainly write about stuff that goes on in my life.  Or is this more suited to a blog site like Triond?  Things that happen at home, work, or even in my state?  I have other hobbies I'd like to write how-to's and tips for, but I'm just wondering if the personal stuff would not be a good idea.

Thanks in advance!

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Hi MIchelle

You can write about anything you like.  Browse around, you'll find a whole range of topics on HubPages.  It depends what you want to get out of the experience.

If you want to be part of a community, take a lively part in the forums and make some friends, and I'm sure you'll find fellow Hubbers interested in reading amusing accounts of your daily life.  However, if you are hoping to make some money from your Hubs, writing about yourself won't work - unless you have an unusually fascinating life.

To earn money, you need to answer a need - what are people searching for on Google?  Because most of your readers will come from the search engines and they'll find your Hubs because they are looking for a solution to a problem.

1. Michelle808 profile image61
      Michelle808posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ok, cool.  Thanks so much for the help!