Google Sucks

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (22 posts)
  1. tamron profile image66
    tamronposted 12 years ago

Honestly even when it was good it sucked.  I don't even care if they close my account.  I don't need there charity!  I thought I could build an income but the more articles I put up the more I spin my wheels. 

My best traffic articles never get clicks.  Then I worked my butt off with research all that crap I still don't earn what I use to.  The funny thing is I see most of my article on first page but since Google sucks.

Why do I have article thats been out their for 2 yrs. but has never earned a cent. but yet Google shows clicks and no earnings.  I use to get clicks all the the way to $7 a click now they pay 0 to 5 cents per-click. Why should I let a company Google make money off my hard work?

Google has gotten to big and they don't care. I am done!  I can't win!

1. CWanamaker profile image93
      CWanamakerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Try switching to the hubpages ad program instead.  I am doing more than 5 times better with HP ads than with AdSense alone.

2. sofs profile image78
      sofsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Tamron, the part of the problem is that Hp ads cover a major portion of our pages if we have opted for them, and then it is left to the whims and fancies of the reader to click on an advert, which really needs to be attractive to him/her.. Adsense has indeed yielded poor results but I think HP ad program more than makes up for it. You could try opting out of HP to see if that works better for you.

3. Xenonlit profile image60
      Xenonlitposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I saw a huge drop in revenue, and would like to know how to separate my adsense out of Hub pages. I have other adsense accounts that get a heck of a lot more views than here and no one is skimming pennies.

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 12 years ago

HP ads definitely have wiped out Adsense earnings on this site.

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Haven't they just? The only adsense clicks I get these days are from my own sites.

2. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Actually, I've been seeing an increase in adsense. 

When HPads came online I was just about to the point of making payout each month from Adsense, but that dropped to every 4-6 months with HPads.  Now, however, it is edging back up to around 3 months.

Now, that's only $30 per month in very rough figures, but it is an increase.  I usually see one or two clicks per day now, while it was a click every 2 days a few months ago.

Click value is also edging up - like the OP I got nothing but 5 and 10 cent clicks for a long time, but am seeing quite a few worth considerably more now.  I've never seen the $7 click that the OP mentions, but do see a few in the dollar range.

1. sofs profile image78
        sofsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This does sound very encouraging... I have in the last three weeks noticed an upward trend in Adsense clicks.. But it is yet early days to talk about this..

3. Pcunix profile image92
    Pcunixposted 12 years ago

Tamron, maybe it isn't Google.

I just took a quick look at some of your articles.  If I had come across them in the Hopper, I might well have flagged them for low quality.  Just like your post here, they are rife with spelling errors and poor English usage - "your" for "you're" being one of the most common.

Sloppiness like that is not a problem in the forums (though it does give a poor first impression).  It is more damaging in hubs.   

The first three sentences of your "Wallet" article would be enough to make me back arrow instantly, for example.  It's not "lively hood" and the third sentence isn't even a sentence!

I am quite sure that you could correct all of that with just a bit of thought.  Using a grammar checker could likely do wonders for you.

PLEASE NOTE:

I offer this as constructive criticism because I do believe you are trying hard and really do "work your butt off".   I think you might just want to work on this part a little harder.

I hope this won't make you angry.  I see plenty of hubbers here with equal problems and I wouldn't even bother saying anything to them because I don't see any effort or any potential.   I hope you will take this criticism in the spirit in which it is offered.

4. Richieb799 profile image74
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

We still have the same amount of Adsense ads showing if we haven't enable HP Ads, I had a big drop in earnings during the First Panda release last March but I toughed it out and recovered in about October and saw my best earnings ever in November.

5. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

Shortly before being sandboxed it only took a bit more than a week to make Adsense payout, but after the curse was laid upon me my earnings plunged, of course.  I tried HPads for a couple of months but changed back to Adsense recently.  I'm earning more than double what I made on HPads on most days.  I suppose it depends on the subject matter.

oooxxx0000OOOO(:c-<

1. Richieb799 profile image74
      Richieb799posted 12 years agoin reply to this

HP Ads was consistent when I tried it, although I like the convenience of the money going straight into my bank without the Paypal mediator.. I was making payout after a week before Christmas but I think the early months of the year should expect a slowdown..(Although January was good, February's bit slower) I'm experimenting with another program called Ad Dynamo on some of my sites at the moment, I don't want all my eggs in one basket. It also pays out on £20 and into your bank! big_smile

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
        Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't think one can compare the weeks prior to Christmas as being the norm, Richie.  I'm speaking of last summer and not during the peak xmas shopping season.  No telling what I'd have earned during the holiday sales period had I not been sandboxed.  smile

6. Dolores Monet profile image95
    Dolores Monetposted 12 years ago

Maybe if you beefed up your hubs - I think that Google likes longer articles, and many of yours are rather short. Add some images and a bit more information and you may find that Google will notice you.

7. bruzzbuzz profile image61
    bruzzbuzzposted 12 years ago

I did try the Hubpages Ad Program and made a little bit of money each day. I decided to opt out and see if my Google Adsense earnings would rise. When I was on HP ad program, my Adsense earnings were next to nothing. Now, my Adsense earnings are about double what my Hubpages Ad Program earnings plus Adsense earnings were. That is why I opted out of the HP Ad Program.

1. CWanamaker profile image93
      CWanamakerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I experimented with both ad programs for a while and found that I made the most money with HP ads turned on. Sure, my AdSense revenue dropped by 90%, but overall I was coming in ahead. I guess it really depends on what kind of content you have and how you market it.

8. Richieb799 profile image74
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

Yes sorry December is not a good indicator(I should have worded that better), it was actually November that was my highest earning month ever, January I also made payout after around a week.(so its not only holiday periods where I performed well)

Also before Christmas could have been referring to any time last year, I didn't necessarily mean December.

If you get sandboxed here you will understand what I mean, Richie!  Nothing makes any sense when this happens.  I hope it doesn't happen to you, though.  Our misery needs no more company!  smile

1. Richieb799 profile image74
        Richieb799posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sorry I didn't read that original part about HP Ads properly, I can agree that my HP earnings weren't great.. I was making about £1.50 a day, I think they are designed more for CPM aren't they?

I had am writing as much as I can at the moment to try and stay a float, although my topics are sometimes commercial I still like to have proper layout and try and offer something unique.. sometimes I stay up hours because a lot of my hubs are in depth topics.

I suffered in March last year and its not nice I know, especially since we all put effort in here..  I'm hanging on to my traffic but the other week I did have a dip and Google started paying less..I thought I might not make payout for the first time since last May but it seems to have made an up turn and I'm gonna be OK hopefully.

I know my dips can't be compared to others but I too am interested to know whats causing the ups and downs

I like the snake smile   oooxxx0000OOOO(:c-<

I understand, Richie.  I sometimes take days to get a hub as complete as I can make it, nd still I agonize over the hub being insufficient in some manner.  Until sandboxed it seemed to make a difference.  I still believe it does when using Adsense. 

Thanks for the comment concerning my temporary reptile motif!  I'm attempting to commission a new and improved snake from an HP artist at the moment.  smile  Gotta keep it in the family if possible!  lol

1. paradigmsearch profile image59
            paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Snakedom! The new frontier!

9. sabrebIade profile image80
    sabrebIadeposted 12 years ago

I have been on HP Ads for a less than a month, but unless things turn around REALLY quick, I'll be going back to straight AdSense.
    I am well behind where I usually am this time of the month with Adsense running HP ads.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)