Adsense Earnings

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (27 posts)
  1. Natalie Frank profile image93
    Natalie Frankposted 5 years ago

I know I asked something similar before but I am a bit confused about Adsense earnings.  I don't know how on earth anyone ever gets a payout at least from the way I'm going.  My Adsense earnings have always been between 0 - 2cents a day with maybe a few days (and I mean a few over about two and a half years) being a dollar something and one day being three dollars and something and I guess a few days over 2 cents but under a dollar.  It hasn't changed no matter how many hubs or views I've gotten.  So with 10 hubs and 100-200 views it was 0 to 2 cents, with 25 hubs and about 300 vies it was 0 to 2 cents, with 100 hubs and 400 views a day it was 0 to 2 cents and with 125 hubs and 600 to 1200 views a day it's 0 to 2 cents.  I knows when you're on the HP ads program you don't get much from Adsense but is this normal?  In two and a half years I've accumulated a little over 16 dollars.  Doing the math it seems I'll reach my first payout in another 12 and a half years unless things change.  Don't know what this means but am I doing something wrong or is there a bug with the number of adsence ads on my articles?  I have no idea how you even determine which are Adsense and which are HP so I'm not sure if every article really has an adsense ad.  Thanks!

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years agoin reply to this

It really depends on your topic and the popularity of your hubs.  Advertisers pay more for popular topics but there's a lot of competition for those types of hubs in terms of ranking and page views.  I used to make practically nothing on Adsense but now that I have more articles and views have gone up considerably, I make a lot more...although there are still days when payments are very low.

2. Sparrowlet profile image93
      Sparrowletposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi Natalie - The last time I passed the $100 minimum payout on google adsense was August of 2013! BUT... I'm up to $89.54 again now! LOL Plus I have their ads on a few of my websites and my pictures on stockvault! I made a whole $1.25 over the past week! For me the hubads are way more lucrative. I think you'd have to have a mega-performing page/article/website to make any good profit from adsense, but what do I know!

Natalie Frankposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks - at least I know I'm not the only one!

2. FatFreddysCat profile image96
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

I gave up watching my AdSense totals a long time ago. Glaciers move faster than they do.
    The HP Ads Program is where it's at for me.

1. liesl5858 profile image81
      liesl5858posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Same here Natalie, I don't really earn anything in AdSense maybe 5cents per month but nothing serious that's why I don't really check it anymore. I don't understand how it works anyway.

Okay, just so it's not just me.  It seemed like people were saying they didn't get hardly anything in Adsense as they only got payouts 3-4 times a year which I couldn't even fathom.  They must be getting far more views than me.  But even at 10,000 views a day that would be about 10 times mine and I'm assuming 10 times my earning and adsense income which would still be years before a payout.  Though maybe it also represents earnings from websites and blogs which I didn't think of before which would be all adsense ads.

2. Glenis Rix profile image95
      Glenis Rixposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Agree! I don’t expect a payout during my lifetime! I think Google Adsense has the scales firmly balanced in it’s favour.

3. Kenna McHugh profile image92
    Kenna McHughposted 5 years ago

Same here, Natalie.Nothing much worth watching. However, before YouTube changed their criteria, I had payouts from Adsense and watched it every day. Now, I am building my subscribers and will go back to watching it every day when I am back in their monetization program.

4. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

If you have Hubads turned on you are showing very few Adsense ads and they are in lower quality page positions, so they are never going to yield very much.

1. FatFreddysCat profile image96
      FatFreddysCatposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The whole reason I signed up for Hub-ads in the first place was because when I was running strictly AdSense, my earnings were still crap-ola. Haha.

5. Kenna McHugh profile image92
    Kenna McHughposted 5 years ago

Which ad is more fruitful? Hubads? Adsense?

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Most people seem to think Hubads is far superior to Adsense, although a few disagree.  For myself, although it has been quite a while since I disabled Hubads, when I did earnings fell sharply.

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years agoin reply to this

HP Ad Program is where it's at. However; whenever I get near the AdSense finish line from other sources, I switch to straight HP AdSense to slither across. big_smile

1. Red Dino profile image60
        Red Dinoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

What do you mean by that ?

1. lobobrandon profile image88
          lobobrandonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

This means that the user (PD) you replied to has other websites or platforms where they have Adsense ads. And when close to payout (100 USD), PD switches from the HP Ad Program to Adsense here on Hubpages to quickly cross the 100 USD barrier.

1. Red Dino profile image60
            Red Dinoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Got ya. Makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

No prob smile

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Again, this depends on your topics and views.  Some topics do extremely well on Adsense others do well on HP.  I switched awhile back to Adsense and views really went up. Then Adsense started having some payment problems that were cutting me out of a week's pay here or there, so I switched back to HP.  Once Maven showed up, HP ads started paying more than Adsense ever did...but now Adsense is doing well,  I make payout ever other month with it.

6. Glenn Stok profile image95
    Glenn Stokposted 5 years ago

Natalie, When you use the HubPages Ad Program, as I do, there is only one AdSense ad on your hubs (at the bottom). All the other ads are through the HubPages Ad Program, which may also be AdSense, but can also be other ads served by Header Bidding and EBDA. I believe Say Media in included in that too.

So even with just one Adsence ad, shouldn't it record impression even if that doesn't equate to earnings (I'm not sure what equates to earnings - if you get a certain amount based on views as well as clicks or just clicks)?  So, if I have say 28,000 views overall for the month shouldn't at least the number of page views listed by Adsence  be more than say 3500?  I'm just trying to figure all this out and why some days I have 3 cents total with a lower page view and impression number and no clicks and other days I have 0 cents with a higher page view and impression number and say 12 clicks.

Thanks once more for trying to explain technical stuff to a technical idiot smile

1. Glenn Stok profile image95
        Glenn Stokposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Since there is only one Adsense ad I noticed that the view count is very close to the impression count on my AdSense reports.

The views reported in your stats page shows all the views. But you are seeing just your 60% reported by Google. However that still is way off from your 28,000 vs 3500. I can’t explain that discrepancy. You should as the team to look into that.

As for payment. Some ads pay a small amount for views, but most pay for clicks. Either way, the amount advertisers pay is based on your subject matter. Advertisers pay more for various subjects based on competition within AdWords, Google’s platform where advertisers maintain their ad placement.

Thanks.

7. Jeremy Gill profile image93
    Jeremy Gillposted 5 years ago

Anyone else had a noticeably mediocre past two days? Fall tends to do pretty well for traffic, so I'm hoping this can just be attributed to mid-week drops, and will soon increase again.

Yeah, but mine is not unexpected for this time of the year.

8. Red Dino profile image60
    Red Dinoposted 5 years ago

I have noticed that!

9. Natalie Frank profile image93
    Natalie Frankposted 5 years ago

Been somewhat off average with today lower.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)