jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

how do I do a second posting to my main topic?

1. Mystical Light profile image59
    Mystical Lightposted 5 years ago

ok, I give up. I posted my first article and cannot for the life of me figure out how to do a second posting. I get the edit and the add text capsules, but how do I do a new posting to the same hub? Do I do a new hub everytime I want to add content to my main subject?

This makes no sense to me and I am frustrated with trying to find the answer in your learning center and help.

This is not user friendly.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

It seems that your hub has ample length, so consider creating a new hub. Adding text to existing hubs can be done by adding text capsules while in editing mode.

http://hubpages.com/faq/#capsule

3. Mystical Light profile image59

I already know about adding text and editing. Do you have to add a new hub everytime you want to add content to your main topic?

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Essentially, hubs are stand-alone articles. It is up to you whether to add new capsules or whether to create new hubs, which can then be linked together. I recommend that you only add new text if you genuinely feel it will improve the hub; otherwise wait until you have enough material for a new hub. Readers seldom visit the same hub twice.

4. Mystical Light profile image59

Is every hub a new posting to the same topic or is every hub a different topic?

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Website Examiner is correct.

Have a look at some other people's hubs.

I write a lot in the baby topic for instance. Some of my hubs are on different branches of one topic - but each hub can be read on its own.

5. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

One hub is one article, on any topic. You can have multiple hubs on the same topic, and then use the Groups feature to group them together. Or you can have different hubs covering different topics.

6. Mystical Light profile image59

This hub thing to me is not the best way to do this. I am looking into other places to post my blog so that I can have a continuous thread added to my main topic. I dont appreiciate having to recreate the wheel everytime I want to post something. They dont make it clear how to group them either.

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I actually think you may be happier elsewhere. I, for one, have had enough of you.

http://hubpages.com/faq/#hubgroups

2. sofs profile image86
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Add a link from your previous hub and connect to the other hubs as you see fit .
      This is clearly mentioned in the FAQ..that hubs are standalone articles..  it does help to read the FAQ of the site before you plunge i n...
      I am sure you would find it easy to work here once you get the hang of it.. don't give up just yet .
      Best wishes to you.

working