Weekly Topic Inspiration: Life-Changing Gadgets and Electronics

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (28 posts)
  1. Simone Smith profile image87
    Simone Smithposted 11 years ago

Y’all posted some fantastic Hubs when our WTI theme was useful kitchen tools and gadgets, so I thought we might play with that general subject again, but this time focus on consumer electronics and personal gadgets. What device can’t you live without? If it’s something fresh and surprising (you don’t want to write a Hub on a subject that has already been covered extensively online), write a Hub about it this week!

Again, I recommend adding the Ratings Capsule to this Hub and providing a single person rating (or a multiple person rating, if you want your readers to submit their own star ratings). This adds value to product-centric Hubs and makes them more attractive in search engine results. If you decide to add Amazon/eBay Capsules, do so with great care and moderation (I recommend featuring no more than two or three products total).

Don’t have a particular Hub in mind? Here are some search-friendly titles to consider using:
    New Technology Gadgets that will Change Your Life
    The Best Electronic Gadgets for Men
    Cool Tech Gadgets for _____ (Moms, Kids, Teens, Students...)
    Real Spy Gadgets
    Cool Spy Gadgets Anyone Can Buy
    Cool Gadgets for Men
    The X Best Gadgets for Men
    __________: The Ultimate Geek Gadget
    How to Keep Track of the Latest Gadgets
    Five Noteworthy New Electronic Gadgets
    New Tech Gadgets that will Blow Your Mind

To create search-friendly titles of your own, follow the steps outlined in this Learning Center guide.

If you'd like to join in on this week's topic by writing a Hub, follow these steps:

1)    Stop by this week's Weekly Topic Inspiration Question.
    2)    Click the green button "answer this question".
    3)    Click the gray button below the box (leave that empty) that says "make a Hub about it."
    4)    Give your Hub a very specific title, like Easy Summer Gardening Projects for Kids or Challenging Summer Activities for Teens
    5)    Create good quality original content that hasn't been covered before.
    6)    After you publish your Weekly Topic Inspiration Hub, come back to this forum thread and post a link to your Hub with a brief description of what you wrote about and why.

For more information on the Weekly Topic Inspiration program, check out the Learning Center guide.

Oh, and do you want your WTI Hub to have a shot at becoming a Hub of the Day? Make sure the images are legally used and properly attributed!

1. zsobig profile image82
      zsobigposted 11 years agoin reply to this

By the time I have finished reading this week's topic inspiration post, I know what should I write smile.
      Here it is, I hope you guys will like it:
      http://zsobig.hubpages.com/hub/The-cool … r-Teachers

Simone Smithposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This is fabulous! Might I recommend switching out the generic Amazon devices you included and manually inputting the specific products you mentioned, complete with custom descriptions? This will make that capsule much more relevant- and people will be far more likely to actually click through (and perhaps purchase) those items!

All are manually included (so not generic at all), but I will try to give them some descriptions smile.

Aaaand done smile.
            I hope it is much better this way! Thanks for the nice tip Simone!

2. MarleneB profile image90
        MarleneBposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I liked all the gadgets. Very nice coverage of some really helpful tools.

2. MarleneB profile image90

The personal gadget that I cannot live without is the Homedics Cordless Rechargeable Pedicure Tool. I live in California, where flip flops and strappy sandals are the norm... even in the  wintertime. So, here is the review of the gadget that makes my day: http://marleneb.hubpages.com/t/32813b

1. Will Apse profile image87
        Will Apseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have a wife who nags me when I neglect my toenails. I wouldn't actually call her a gadget but she is pretty cool.

1. MarleneB profile image90

Will, you are funny! I'm fortunate that my husband usually takes his cue from me. When clip my toenails, he looks down at his and clips his, too. So, I have learned to make sure he's around during pedicure time.

2. Simone Smith profile image87

This is fabulous, MarleneB! Be sure to add a Ratings Capsule (single person setting) to include a star rating of the product- it'll show up in search engine results and give this great Hub an edge.

Oh! Thank you so much for reminding me to do this. I woke up in the middle of the night realizing I forgot to do it and then forgot again this morning. You are a gem. Thank you.

2. cashmere profile image77
    cashmereposted 11 years ago

Personally I'd say the internet was the most life changing electronic invention for me...will think up of the gadget hub smile

1. GiancarloLorenzo profile image70
      GiancarloLorenzoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Agree.  The internet changed my life completely.  I felt like I was lost before the internet.

3. cashmere profile image77
    cashmereposted 11 years ago

Must say I was inspired. Fastest hub I've ever done.

Cool Spy Gadgets Anyone Can Buy
    http://cashmere.hubpages.com/hub/Cool-S … n-Buy?done

The coolest hub on the planet right now. I really enjoyed reading about all the gadgets.

2. Simone Smith profile image87

Ooooh, I love this! I was really hoping someone would use that title. I love the hidden camera hook!

4. Will Apse profile image87
    Will Apseposted 11 years ago

'If you decide to add Amazon/eBay Capsules, do so with great care and moderation (I recommend featuring no more than two or three products total)"

If this advice is based on solid stats around Panda-hit sub-domains it might be worth making a bigger thing of it. In fact, it might be worth putting this warning into Amazon and eBay capsules.

That's not a bad idea. But in the meantime, cashmere provides a really great example of these capsules being used correctly. She carefully selected the items she featured, and each of them is directly related to the subject matter of her Hub. What's more, she provided a custom description for each one. That's just the sort of use we're pushing for.

1. Austinstar profile image84
        Austinstarposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I would have loved the cool spy gadgets, but I know a little bit about music gadgets, so I wrote this one instead...
        http://austinstar.hubpages.com/hub/The- … -Musicians

There are a ton of great gadgets listed in your hub. As a former musician, I can say they are all really cool!

5. Rosyel Sawali profile image62
    Rosyel Sawaliposted 11 years ago

Here is my weekly topic inspiration hub....

http://rosyelsawali.hubpages.com/hub/A- … -Computers

Excellent research on the topic. I left an answer to your question in the comments section of the hub.

1. Rosyel Sawali profile image62
        Rosyel Sawaliposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you @MarleneB. Your input is valuable. ^_^

6. LaMamaLoli profile image61
    LaMamaLoliposted 11 years ago

Okay, bit nervous about this. First time have taken part in this. Constructive feedback appreciated. Note the word constructive!!!

http://lamamaloli.hubpages.com/t/329ea8

7. Margaret Skipper profile image61
    Margaret Skipperposted 11 years ago

Wow, electronic gadget huh? Well, i'm still thinking on that one lol! I do however have a topic for you all to consider as a potential WTI in the future! It's Disaster Preparedness. Ways to prepare yourself, home, property and/or family for hurricane/tornado/tsunami/monsoon/blizzard season. With the weather getting more radical each year, i think advice on this subject could help everyone! Thanks in advance for the consideration.

1. EuroCafeAuLait profile image79
      EuroCafeAuLaitposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That sounds like a good idea...

8. EuroCafeAuLait profile image79
    EuroCafeAuLaitposted 11 years ago

I guess I forgot to post my WTIs here.  Got inspired for two Hubs - my packs-a-punch digital camera and my husband's pedometer.  Here are the links, one by one:

My Favorite Gadget is my Cheap Compact Digital Camera

http://eurocafeaulait.hubpages.com/hub/ … tal-Camera

and hubby's: The Versatile Pedometer, a Gadget for Work and Play

http://eurocafeaulait.hubpages.com/hub/ … k-and-Play

We use them both everyday and they've certainly changed our lives.

9. Simone Smith profile image87
    Simone Smithposted 11 years ago

These were awesome Hubs, y'all!

We're moving from gadgets to autos this week. Our latest theme: driving rules and regulations! We all have to work with them (even folks like me who avoid driving), so we all have something to share! I hope you'll join in. big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)