jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Why can't our Hubpages' pictures show on Google search result?

1. kittyjj profile image83
    kittyjjposted 5 years ago

Other websites such as allrecipe.com and foodnetwork.com, their pictures of related search results show up right underneath their links.  I think it would help increase our chances for people to click our links if we have that feature.

2. profile image0
    The Writers Dogposted 5 years ago

Are you searching in the Google Image search screen, or just Google Search?
    When I use Image search, I get my pictures and links to my Hubs.

3. kittyjj profile image83

@The writers Dog, I was hoping that people can also see our images on the results of Google Search only.

4. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

I'm sure they would if the relevant keywords are used. But really, why would you want them to?

5. kittyjj profile image83

The links with images standout more and have a better chance to be viewed.  If I search for "Fish recipe", for example, I tend to click on the links that have images.  A picture is worth a thousand words.

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Depends on the topic, but I reckon you'd have more luck with Pinterest if you want to use images that way smile

kittyjjposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks WryLilt.  I will give Pinterest a try.  smile

6. SmartAndFun profile image91
    SmartAndFunposted 5 years ago

I would also love to have a thumbnail of my hub's main photo pop up next to the title of my hub in search engine results. A photo of a big stack of mouth-watering cookies is way more enticing than just "oatmeal cookie recipe." Photo thumbnails on Google would definitely bring more searchers to my hubs. I think I read that with the new hub pages videos, this feature is possible, but for some reason it's not possible with hubs. Unfortunately I'm not tech-savvy enough to know why.

kittyjjposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I thought this was something for HP to handle because they created this website.  That's why I post my question under "Suggest a new feature" in hopes that HP would think of a way to allow our main photo show in search engine results.  smile

working