jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Referral tracking URL

1. Cathy I profile image76
    Cathy Iposted 5 years ago

I need a refresher on how to insert a link to my profile for newcomers to sign up.

I found one post in the Forum but I got stuck as I could not find the link icon on my profile page or where to type in the URL.

Can someone please explain again step by step?

Thanks much

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

1. Highlight the word/s
      2. Click on the link icon (looks like a chain)
      3.Insert URL
      4. Click ok

Cathy Iposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank u so much for your response.  I got it now but the link icon does not seem to be working right now.  Thanks for simplifying the instructions.

2. missolive profile image94
      missoliveposted 5 years ago in reply to this

In answer to your question, "I found one post in the Forum but I got stuck as I could not find the link icon on my profile page or where to type in the URL."

go to your profile page
      click on EDIT PROFILE (this is where the link icon is)
      type in the text you want to use to invite people to join HubPages
      above your text is a header bar for your profile capsule - click the link button - it looks a bit like a single chain link
      paste your URL there
      save your profile

The link provided by relache is also very helpful if you need additional details. Inserting a referral tracker is important if you want credit for the recruits that sign up through your link.

Thanks for simplifying the process.  That made it much easier to follow.   The link icon does not seem to be working now so I will try again later.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 5 years ago

The section in your account where you can create referral trackers also explains how they work. (the green help button on the below page is where you'll find the help)

https://hubpages.com/my/earnings/trackers

Thank u for your early response.

working