jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Google AdSense- Very Confused

1. Catherine Kane profile image86
    Catherine Kaneposted 4 years ago

Would appreciate input from experienced Hubbers as I'm very confused

After my first 2 solid hubs, I applied for Google Adsense,as I didn't see parameters on what was enough content. Was initially accepted, but then rejected for insufficient content, w/ option to reapply, once did more.

Well and good. I wrote, and now I have 14 hubs, one of which is a HubNugget winner, and over 2500 looks. Not a rock star, but seems good.

Here's where it gets confusing to me (although I'm sure it'll be clear to you old hands smile...)

There are what look like Google ads on the pages for my hubs

When I look at my Earnings Page, Google Adwords says "disapproved"

When I go to gmail, there seems to be another "first hallf- welcome to Adsense" letter

When I go to Adsense, there's the cryptic missive "your application is still being reviewed"

Talk about your mixed messages....

My questions, in no particular order:

Am I approved or am I not?

Is there anything else I need to be doing to be approved?

And what is this whole "Code thing I'm hearing about anyway?

You'll be speaking to the technologically challenged,
    so please t-y-p-e s-l-o-w-l-y .....

Obi Won Kenobie, you are my only hope...

Thanks for any help or advice you can give Me smile

Catherine Kane, Maniac writer

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

What is says at AdSense is what counts.  You are still being reviewed.

Google has gotten MUCH tougher on application standards over the last couple of years.  What got accepted three years ago gets rejected now.  Keep building the best Hubs you can and wait and see.  And remember, Hub scores and awards don't mean anything outside of this site.

3. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 4 years ago

If/when your application is approved you'll be given the Ad Sense code that you can then add on your "earnings" section on HubPages.  It's called your "affiliate code", and it means you've been approved.  It's been awhile for me, so I don't recall; but they'll either send it to you or else send you information to tell you where to sign in to the Ad Sense account and get the code.  Either way, the code won't be a mystery to you once you're approved.

4. HikeGuy profile image84
    HikeGuyposted 4 years ago

Catherine -- The status on your Adsense dashboard is the official word, so you're still pending. As Lisa said, when you're approved, you'll get the code.

You might consider setting up a Blogger account to increase your presence on the web and look more viable to Google. I had two barely-started blogs in strong topics and maybe three hubs when I got my approval three years ago.

These days I prefer Blogger, and all my Adense comes from those pages. I use the HP ad program here.

Good luck!

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The HubPages ad program here incorporates AdSense, and you can't be accepted to it without it...

2. Catherine Kane profile image86
      Catherine Kaneposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you to all of you- that helps. I can sit tight and keep writing

I appreciate the blogger comment, but hope it won't be necessary. I've already got two well established blogs on wordpress, which are business based and beginning to draw traffic, so scrapping them and starting over seems contraindicated, and adding on another is beyond what time I currently have

As long as I know it's not just that it's waiting for me to fill in a code to finish approving me, I'm good.

You folks rock smile !

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

...and not necessary.  You only need one Adsense account (you're only allowed to have one), which you then use across ALL your blogs and sites, regardless of which one you were approved for.

It's a pity you didn't apply using your established blogs (even if you don't think you'll put Adsense on them), because that would've got you approved quicker. 

You will see ads on your Hubs even if you don't have an account - HubPages has to make money too!

1. Catherine Kane profile image86
          Catherine Kaneposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Marisa

I'm old to writing, but new to Adsense. If I'd only have known that it would help....