jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How Long Should You Wait Before Republishing a Hub?

1. sabrebIade profile image85
    sabrebIadeposted 4 years ago

For reasons I am not going into here I just deleted a Hub from HP.
    How long should I wait before publishing it elsewhere?
    And what about backlinks etc.to the old Hub?

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

Rather than blindly waiting and guessing, you should be proactive in getting the material uncached.  (you can tell Google to rescan where you've pulled something down so they learn it's gone)

As for backlinks, you aren't going to be able to do much, as you can't put up a redirect on this site to the new location.

3. Eric Newland profile image61
    Eric Newlandposted 4 years ago

That all depends on the previously published work policy wherever "elsewhere" is.

You retain all the rights to what you write on HP. The only thing they can do with your work is share revenue on ad impressions as per the TOS or take it down if it violates the TOS, and you've already taken it down yourself.

As for backlinks I don't think there's much you can do if you're talking about, say, autoforwarding from your hub's old URL to wherever you republish it. You'll just have to start over.

Ninja'd slightly.

4. sabrebIade profile image85
    sabrebIadeposted 4 years ago

I guess mainly what I was asking was how long to wait until I could safely avoid a duplicate penalty with Google.
    But Relache's advice about having Google rescan sounds like a good first step.
    That and probably a good rewrite should do the trick huh?