jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

How long do you have to wait, till you publish an unpublished hub, elsewhere?

1. Vellur profile image90
    Vellurposted 4 years ago

How long do you have to wait, till you publish an unpublished hub, elsewhere?

2. WalterPoon profile image80
    WalterPoonposted 4 years ago

Vellur, do you have to wait? I had one hub, a book review, that was unpublished because of what was called "duplicate content". I reworked it and it was still unpublished because I had many quotations from the book to buttress my discussion. I felt that if I were to take out all those extracts, the hub would have become very shallow, so instead of doing what HubPages want, I just transferred the hub to my own website, after the second notice.

Once a hub is unpublished, HubPages has no right over what you want to do with it, including posting it to a competitor's website, what more when to do it.

Vellurposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

3. profile image0
    Casimiroposted 4 years ago

If the hub was never published on HP, then it was never indexed by Google. If it was published, then it may have been indexed by Google already.

If it's in Google, then a lot of sites that don't allow non-original work will not take it. Deleting from HP and getting de-indexed takes up to two weeks. If you're going to move it to your own web site or some place that doesn't check for duplicate content, then it doesn't matter. You can use it there immediately.

Vellurposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Casmiro, this is helpful.

working