jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Social Media Plugins Removed from Articles?

1. 0
    Bill Seemillerposted 4 years ago

When browsing hubs tonight (including my own), I noticed that the social media plugins at the top of each hub appear to be missing.  What happened to the ability to "like" a hub on Facebook and tweet or Digg about it?  Or am I the only one seeing this?

2. LuisEGonzalez profile image80
    LuisEGonzalezposted 4 years ago

You are right, I just noticed and asked a similar question...Hope it gets answered.

3. Eric Newland profile image60
    Eric Newlandposted 4 years ago

You're right. It must have rolled out with the new tech design. Really hope it was a mistake.

1. Dale Hyde profile image87
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I checked my "new" (and unliked) tech hubs format and no "like" or "share" buttons there. Also, I checked my "normal" hubs and the same, no buttons.  I gain views from people sharing using those buttons.  Not only have I lost some Google ads on my tech hubs (one a top ranking one) but now I will loose out even more, as no one can share any of the hubs, especially the tech hubs which are highly shared from my experience.

I think I need to take a few days off from HubPages.

4. 0

Ok good, at least I'm not the only one noticing this.  But I do hope these features are added back to the site because it's nice to be able to easily tweet about and "like" the hubs that interest me.

5. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 4 years ago

I just checked a few of mine-- and I'm still seeing them. (using Firefox at the moment)

6. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 4 years ago

I just checked a handful of my "newies" (non-technical) and a couple of "oldies".  I don't see them on any of them.  I'm fine with it if they're gone.  Just last night I was thinking of starting a thread about them.  No point now, apparently.

7. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 4 years ago

I am see in them on all that I have checked-- though it seems that it takes 5-10 seconds for them to load up at the top next to my byline.

On the hubs that have the new format (fashion and beauty) the buttons are in the right hand column-- about where the tags used to appear, and they 'follow" you as you scroll down the comments.

1. Lisa HW profile image82
      Lisa HWposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oops.  They're there - just really slow loaders.   smile  Thanks.  (I've been noticing some horrendously slow loading recently from page to page.  Maybe it's a browser issue.)

8. 0

Thanks for everyone's comments on this topic.  I did notice in the past that these plugins did load extremely slow.  But last night for some reason, they simply didn't load at all.  It looks like some of you are seeing this and some of you aren't.  I have tried both IE (version 9) and Firefox (I forget which version I'm running, but I know it's pretty recent). 

Edit: I just checked several hubs and these facilities appear to be back and loading again.  Very strange.  Maybe there was some quirky issue last night that's since been resolved.