Related Hubs - Give us the option to choose

1. lobobrandon profile image82
    lobobrandonposted 4 years ago

Very often the related hubs aren't as related as they should be. The new layout gives us 3 (if I'm not mistaken) spots for our own hubs. But, the rest are as per the algorithm right? Wouldn't it be better if we're given options and we need to pick from those?

Since the Google algorithm is against unrelated links, I guess this should be a feature.

1. SmartAndFun profile image92
      SmartAndFunposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Great idea, Brandon. I would love this. I have been having trouble with related hubs for months.

Right now, my hub on power tumbling/gymnastics has these hubs listed as related:

*Part 2: Training your body to develop home run power
      *Girls Gymnastics Level 5 (Woot! This one is actually related!)
      *Categorizing Hubs, Part One
      *Barbie Power Wheels - Ride On Toys for Girls
      *Megamind Costume
      *48 state charity motorcycle ride "Stumpin' Across America

I would love to be able to dump all but the the actually related one and hand-pick others that are truly related. I have browsed through the gymnastics category and there are many well written, informative articles to choose from.

This is just one example.

1. lobobrandon profile image82
        lobobrandonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for adding an example smile I forgot about that lol The algorithm is already good at getting a huge list as we now know (The fashion pinterest style format had loads of related hubs! - Yes, there were plenty of related hubs hidden among all the clutter).

So, if we don't have time to read hubs and handpick them, at least picking from the algorithms list by reading the title will do. Because, not everyone would have the time to handpick smile I wouldn't mind doing it myself though.