jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Should you hub about just the same topic?

1. fashioncrave profile image60
    fashioncraveposted 4 years ago

i started hubbing about fashion, but I would like to hub about other things. Should I just stick to the fashion to seem together, or should I different topics?

1. Mmargie1966 profile image90
      Mmargie1966posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think you should write about anything that moves you.  You are the author. You are the one with something to say, something to share. (just be professional)

However, if it is a controversial issue, expect feed back from all sides.

Good luck and I hope you express yourself...it's quite a release smile

2. gabgirl12 profile image61
      gabgirl12posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Try and find out. You can always group your hubs together afterwards. Some in fashion and say put a 'miscelaneous' hub. I have a variety of my favorite topics. But I try to stay within a certain 'niche'. In my case its a religious one. But I also write poetry and I'm all up for self-improvement.

And you know you can always press delete if its not something that gains readers or you read it later and go 'oooh now why did I write that?'.

3. Ms Dee profile image88
      Ms Deeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi fashioncrave! I am one who writes about different topics. It is nice how once a hubber has a dozen or so hubs, HubPages will categorize them on your profile page. This shows readers some of the different topics the hubber has written about. What categories are shown there cycle through all your hub categories every day or so. I also get fan mail occassionally that says they like the variety of topics found on my profile page, so I see that there is definitely an interest in seeing different topics on one hub profile. I think this has the potential of attracting more readers, since different topics will attract different readers. Therefore, I'd say go for it! Try out your other topic ideas. Hope it goes well!

4. moonlake profile image88
      moonlakeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I jump around and have all kinds of hubs. I don't have political or religion hubs. Pretty much just what comes to mind. I can't tell you which kind of hubber gets more traffic the ones that stay within one subject or the ones that have all kinds of subjects.

2. Mark Ewbie profile image84
    Mark Ewbieposted 4 years ago

People will say different things.

Some think single topics is good, others that a mixture is fine.

HP is different to a website perhaps, where you might pull people in and have other connected articles that would interest them.

On HP we only have Groups, which are a bit rubbish and easily missed by the reader, and a load of links to other peoples 'similar' topic writing.

In some ways people naturally write about single topics, or a few subjects, because not many of us have a broad range of knowledge and interest about everything under the sun.

I only posted to make a point about single topic writing.  The old traffic game was to write the same page one hundred times, slightly altered with different keywords.  This ensured that you covered every possible angle for a searcher on the subject.

My understanding is that is exactly one of the areas Google will now penalise.

Caveat.  I know nothing.

3. 0
    summerberrieposted 4 years ago

Hi fashioncrave,
    I read two of your hubs. Great start! One thing you might want to be careful with is proper attribution to your photos. HP takes this seriously and you probably will eventually get flagged for this. Here is a link to the Learning Center for how to cite photos.

Good Luck on hubpages! Again, great start.

1. fashioncrave profile image60
      fashioncraveposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks so much, I didn't realize.

1. 0
        summerberrieposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I didn't either in the beginning - had a few of mine moderated and sent back my way to fix-

I agree with the others...write about what you love to write about...if you have broad interest then you will have lots of topics....

I'll follow you and look forward to reading about what your life's interest are....

Good luck here on hubpages....

4. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

I have several hubs on the same topic. Then again, I have a lot of on the same topic- Life. wink

lol lol

5. molometer profile image85
    molometerposted 4 years ago

I agree with moonlake. I too write on a wide variety of topics and get good traffic on all of my hubs. They do fluctuate and some do better than others but over time they all do pretty good. If you would like to write about other topics go for it. Why not?