Should you hub about just the same topic?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)
  1. fashioncrave profile image61
    fashioncraveposted 11 years ago

i started hubbing about fashion, but I would like to hub about other things. Should I just stick to the fashion to seem together, or should I different topics?

1. Mmargie1966 profile image85
      Mmargie1966posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think you should write about anything that moves you.  You are the author. You are the one with something to say, something to share. (just be professional)

However, if it is a controversial issue, expect feed back from all sides.

Good luck and I hope you express yourself...it's quite a release smile

2. gabgirl12 profile image60
      gabgirl12posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Try and find out. You can always group your hubs together afterwards. Some in fashion and say put a 'miscelaneous' hub. I have a variety of my favorite topics. But I try to stay within a certain 'niche'. In my case its a religious one. But I also write poetry and I'm all up for self-improvement.

And you know you can always press delete if its not something that gains readers or you read it later and go 'oooh now why did I write that?'.

3. Ms Dee profile image87
      Ms Deeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi fashioncrave! I am one who writes about different topics. It is nice how once a hubber has a dozen or so hubs, HubPages will categorize them on your profile page. This shows readers some of the different topics the hubber has written about. What categories are shown there cycle through all your hub categories every day or so. I also get fan mail occassionally that says they like the variety of topics found on my profile page, so I see that there is definitely an interest in seeing different topics on one hub profile. I think this has the potential of attracting more readers, since different topics will attract different readers. Therefore, I'd say go for it! Try out your other topic ideas. Hope it goes well!

4. moonlake profile image81
      moonlakeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I jump around and have all kinds of hubs. I don't have political or religion hubs. Pretty much just what comes to mind. I can't tell you which kind of hubber gets more traffic the ones that stay within one subject or the ones that have all kinds of subjects.

2. Mark Ewbie profile image80
    Mark Ewbieposted 11 years ago

People will say different things.

Some think single topics is good, others that a mixture is fine.

HP is different to a website perhaps, where you might pull people in and have other connected articles that would interest them.

On HP we only have Groups, which are a bit rubbish and easily missed by the reader, and a load of links to other peoples 'similar' topic writing.

In some ways people naturally write about single topics, or a few subjects, because not many of us have a broad range of knowledge and interest about everything under the sun.

I only posted to make a point about single topic writing.  The old traffic game was to write the same page one hundred times, slightly altered with different keywords.  This ensured that you covered every possible angle for a searcher on the subject.

My understanding is that is exactly one of the areas Google will now penalise.

Caveat.  I know nothing.

3. profile image0
    summerberrieposted 11 years ago

Hi fashioncrave,
    I read two of your hubs. Great start! One thing you might want to be careful with is proper attribution to your photos. HP takes this seriously and you probably will eventually get flagged for this. Here is a link to the Learning Center for how to cite photos.

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/legal-image-use

Good Luck on hubpages! Again, great start.

1. fashioncrave profile image61
      fashioncraveposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks so much, I didn't realize.

1. profile image0
        summerberrieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I didn't either in the beginning - had a few of mine moderated and sent back my way to fix-

I agree with the others...write about what you love to write about...if you have broad interest then you will have lots of topics....

I'll follow you and look forward to reading about what your life's interest are....

Good luck here on hubpages....

4. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 11 years ago

I have several hubs on the same topic. Then again, I have a lot of on the same topic- Life. wink

lol lol

5. molometer profile image79
    molometerposted 11 years ago

I agree with moonlake. I too write on a wide variety of topics and get good traffic on all of my hubs. They do fluctuate and some do better than others but over time they all do pretty good. If you would like to write about other topics go for it. Why not?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)